Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
Hi all. I am intrigued by overlanding and am slowly learning off-roading technique. I am from southeastern Pennsylvania (Philadelphia suburbs), so not a hotspot for this type of adventure. I drive a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail that is quite capable out of the box and has been modified so far only with new wheels (for show) and BFG TA KO2s (for go). Rock sliders and low profile front bumper are on the wish list.

I expect to start car camping so will create a basic sleeping platform and perhaps storage underneath. Mods can be addictive, as I see on the threads.

Enjoying what I read on here. Be safe out there folks.

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

17990614_10154728062366693_4814252827389719376_o.jpg
My family and I live in Atlanta, GA for 8 months out of the year and on Nantucket, MA for the remaining 4 (summer), and we travel via our 2002 4Runner SR5 that has been one of the best vehicles I've had the pleasure of owning and wheeling with. I would say my experience is amateur but I love riding trails and going on road trips which have become more interesting w/ my two year old son tagging along more frequently now. So far since we've been on island I've taken many detours down rarely traveled dirt roads just to see where they lead and if there's a challenge down any of them. Also I am excitedly awaiting my member badge to arrive so I can add myself further into the OB family.

Also always interesting hitting the road w/ my 4 legged heathens lol:

Last edited:

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

First post here. Longtime overland and off-road tourer. Being that I drive a Subaru "soft-roader," I appreciate the open mindset with "it doesn't matter what you drive." :grinning:

Currently I run a MY06 Subaru Forester with a 1" lift and King springs. It's my ideal everyday vehicle. Practical daily driver, and capable enough for my needs off road. I like the idea of taking full advantage of my modest vehicle's abilities, rather than driving something that's overkill 99 percent of the time. So far, it's worked out well.

I did leave the Forester behind in the US during two multi-year stints in West Africa, where I drove various Toyotas, incl. a 1998 100-Series Land Cruiser with a 3.0l diesel. Wish I could have taken that one back with me. It wasn't quick by any means, but it had all the torque you'd ever need, and lovely sideways bench seats in the trunk. The kids affectionately referred to it as "The Bulldozer." :grinning:

Look forward to reading up, and enjoying the diverse group of vehicles and overland adventures. Cheers!
welcome

Reactions: Escher

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Im Jon, from Western NC. I'm married, 22 and own my second toyota, (I've owned 2 jeeps, a dodge cummins, 97 toyota, and a duramax before now). New to overlanding, wanting to learn more about the sport and get into camping more. I've grown up in the woods hunting and fishing. I grew up on a small farm in Central NC. I'm really wanting to meet new people in the area and get going with the build and get traveling. My ride is an 06 Tacoma DCSB TRD Offroad. 135k miles as of right now. Bought used with 128k but for a toyota that seems to be pretty low for where I'm from. Ive owned a 97 that had 347k on it and still ran like a top. If anyone has some suggestions for the build or anything let me know, if I knew how to upload a picture I ould but I don't have any on my computer at the moment. If anyone is reading this and is located in Northwestern GA, SC, or Western NC let me know maybe we can meetup or make a trip happen here with the summer coming on strong! Look forward to making new friends and learning as I go.
welcome

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hi From Brisbane Australia, we have just joined the cause and ordered the platinum option too, we have a couple of four wheel drives, a 105 Series Toyota Landcruiser and a Mitsubishi Triton Dual Cab, keen to catch up with some South East Queenslanders for some exploring with our 4 kidlets.

Our day job is outfitting adventure vehicles ( Mostly Electrical) so this is all very close to our heart, and will happily get involved with tech info if you need :)

Anthony & Kylie !
welcome from CQ

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Working on getting my 2016 4Runner ready for an upcoming Trans America Trail trip. Just going to be my son and I having man time. Parts and accessories are arriving everyday now in preparation. I just joined the OB group today and am looking forward to exchanging ideas and hopefully meeting some like-minded people along the way. And finally, hopefully the pic will post here, I have included a pic of my super novice RTT. Took the $2K for the RTT and ordered some suspension. Cheers all.
welcome nice set up

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

View attachment 22763 Hello! Checking in from Concord, NH here. I'm currently in the process of building up my 03 Nissan Xterra for mild off-road and over landing. Very new to the concept of over landing, but not new to enjoying the great out doors! My wife, dog and myself love hiking and camping in the White Mountains here in NH. I'm hoping with the Xterra we can find some new spots off the beaten trail to enjoy more of what nature has to offer. Attached is the only photo I really have of the rig.
welcome

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

hello all, Sully here from southwest Missouri, thank you for letting me (us) join. it's me (Sully) my wife (Robin L) and molly shes our co-co pilot . we like back roading which normally leads to off roading nothing real aggressive, but here in Missouri you never know what that road will lead to lol. we love fly-fishing, hiking, riding bikes, camping, camp fires. we have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 , we pull a 2015 hiker trailer (teardrop style, but not the shape lol) we go to Colorado springs area alot (5-6 times a year) have kids and new granddaughter there, we have off roaded and camped there some and here at home, so Thanks again for creating Overland bound and the add, its a new start to our after kids life ..
welcome nice set up

Reactions: Deadpool_TRD

Traveler I

Name: Mike
Rig: 2010 Tacoma (OME suspension, light racing UCAs, ARB front bumper, All Pro rear dual swingout bumper, BAMF sliders, Softopper, single piece drive shaft, 255/85 Toyos, home made shovel and hi lift mounts in bed.
Trailer is home built and is still a work in progress.

See you on the trails!

20170323_161631.jpg

Last edited:

Aloysius M.

Rank 0

Traveler I

N. Fl.
Member #

That is a sweet looking setup there greatbasintaco. Every time I see a rig with an off road trailer it gets me thinking about building one.

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Name: Mike
Rig: 2010 Tacoma (OME suspension, light racing UCAs, ARB front bumper, All Pro rear dual swingout bumper, Softopper, single piece drive shaft, 255/85 Toyos, home made shovel and hi lift mounts in bed.
Trailer is home built and is still a work in progress.

See you on the trails!

View attachment 22914
welcome nice set up

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
IMG_20170225_121433-EFFECTS.jpg

Hi everyone!! New member here from Owasso, OK (near Tulsa). Glad to be here!! That's my rig a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited named "Swampcat". My overlanding experience is in the novice realm. I've done plenty of road trips, and plenty of camping trips, but never really combined the two, haha. Looking forward to my first trip... maybe the Oklahoma Adventure Trail...