San Bernardino County, California, United States
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Redondo
Member #

20130522_131332.jpg
Hello fellow adventure seekers,

My name is Shawn, currently Clarksville, TN is home. I say I'm a intermediate when it comes to overland travels. I've tackled Moab a few times and have drove from FL to Coldfoot, AK, twice which was amazing.
Rig: 2008 Hummer H3; Locked front and rear; fully belly skids; front and rear bumpers with winch

I'll post a picture once I figure out how to...LOL

Got it!!!

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

View attachment 19725 Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be joining a group of fellow enthusiasts. My name is Corey Daniels and I live in South Jordan, Utah. My wife is a school teacher and we are the parents of 4 teenage (one is actually 20 yrs old) daughters. I love off-road travel. Whenever we are traveling I'm always looking for the next best "shortcut" or road less traveled. However, my daughters finally clued into the fact that "shortcut" doesn't mean the same to me as it does to them. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

I'm currently driving a 2012 Land Rover LR4, but also drive a 2004 Ford F-150. The Ford has 375,000 miles on it, which is a testament to how much we enjoy traveling. I have build plans for the LR4, but haven't started yet. Still coping with the fact that there aren't any tire options for 19" wheels:confused:
This is a great picture. I used to drive an old P38, that I really loved. This is a pic of driving up in 11 mile area off of hwy24 in CO. This guy was just walking up the road, I stopped and he came right on up and stuck his head in the cab. pretty cool.

Attachments

RCE + BNS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Hi all! Husband and wife owners of 2013 Ford E350, Quigley 4x4, RIP mod, Sportsmobile penthouse and interior, with home grown kitchen frame (80/20) for fridge and sink.
Located in So. Cal. Overlanding in a 4x4 rig newbies. Tent and dutch oven accomplished.

kirkcreekside.JPG IMG_4407.JPG summer-fall2016 056.JPG DSC_0579.JPG 002.JPGIMG_9801.JPG
Tent campers with kids, 5th wheel owners who wanted to go more places. Overland expo West 2013 introduced us to Overlanding community and we have been hooked ever since.
Looking forward to meeting some of you on the road/trail!
:smiley:

Robert Jones

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

SEATTLE
Member #

IMG_0473.JPG Hello all, new member from Seattle WA. Driving a 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Lifted it last year and added a Tepui Tent on the top. Been adding gear ever since and as you know, won't be stopping either. Growing up my folks took me around the country in a Toyota mini Winnebago. My father occasionally tested the abilities of where it could go. I've always loved that part of my child hood and wanted to take my sons to experience the same beautiful sights I've seen. Hoping to learn, as well as help with what I can. Excited to meet people with the same interest in overlanding and make new friends.

Last edited:

squatchgx

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia
Hi, I am a new member in south eastern Georgia. I have a good back ground in camping across much of the western states but very little in overlanding or anything beyond moderate off-roading. I drive a 2005 GX 470, only modification is a full set of skid plates underneath and soon looking for sliders. My wife and I are both looking to start exploring the lesser traveled areas as we both are more a peace in mountains and away from civilization. We recently bought a off-road capable trailer so that we can take our daughter and dogs on longer trips as those are some of the more memorable times in our own childhood. We probably won't be into extreme rock crawling just finding out of the way places. Looking forward to advice and sharing what we find.

Reactions: RCE + BNS

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

This is a great picture. I used to drive an old P38, that I really loved. This is a pic of driving up in 11 mile area off of hwy24 in CO. This guy was just walking up the road, I stopped and he came right on up and stuck his head in the cab. pretty cool.
I have been up there and still go about 4-5 times a yr to see my kids and go fly fishing in 11 mile reservoir, deckers area, love it up in that area

BoomTator

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Cannon
Member #

Hello Everyone!!!! I have never overland "ed" before. My wife and I just purchased our first Jeep, a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition. Completely stock as of just yet. We live just out side of Philadelphia , Pa and come from Northeast Pa! I have been bitten by the overland bug as I am on a quest to be healthy and get to be more out doorsy! My first planned mods are a 2" Level kit for the jeep as well as saving for the Gobi Rack!

Attachments

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
Hello Everyone!!!! I have never overland "ed" before. My wife and I just purchased our first Jeep, a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition. Completely stock as of just yet. We live just out side of Philadelphia , Pa and come from Northeast Pa! I have been bitten by the overland bug as I am on a quest to be healthy and get to be more out doorsy! My first planned mods are a 2" Level kit for the jeep as well as saving for the Gobi Rack!
First, welcome @BoomTator. You must be close to me. We live in Montco and spend a lot of time in the Poconos and up through Elk Mountain area. Always looking to meet others that enjoy the outdoors and search for new adventures.

Cheers!

Ken

Reactions: NorthStar96

live_discover

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, Wa
Member #

[/IMG]

Name: Shawn
Adventure Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner (Trail Premium) W/KDSS
Experience: Novice.

Still progressing my skills off-road, while searching for new trails to travel in the beautiful state of Washington.

BoomTator

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Cannon
Member #

First, welcome @BoomTator. You must be close to me. We live in Montco and spend a lot of time in the Poconos and up through Elk Mountain area. Always looking to meet others that enjoy the outdoors and search for new adventures.

Cheers!

Ken
Ken, in Lansdale. We grew up about 20 minutes from elk mountain and still have family up there . Would love to meet people who have done this as we are completely new and are currently arguing vs building an m416 expedition trailer or a camper and building the jeep with a. Kitchen in the hatch and a tent on top [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NorthStar96

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
Ken, in Lansdale. We grew up about 20 minutes from elk mountain and still have family up there . Would love to meet people who have done this as we are completely new and are currently arguing vs building an m416 expedition trailer or a camper and building the jeep with a. Kitchen in the hatch and a tent on top [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That sounds fun. I free up after Memorial Day but can speak before.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

syck

Rank 0

Traveler I

Philadelphia, NY
Member #

Hello, Charles #5126 here.
Using a 2014 Cherokee KL Latitude for my overlander. From FL currently residing in Upstate, NY. Retired service member of 23 years. Survived in numerous locations with and without vehicles.
Currently waiting on a few items for my jeep; gobi rack system (for my 23Zero RTT), Wilco hitchgate solo, and my winch/winch bumper for the front, and a portable water pump system.
Vehicle is lifted with 245/70R17 Duratracs on top of Dobinsons springs/struts & shocks, Rock sliders, hi lift jack, full skid plates underneath, 10k lb tow hooks in the front, Arkpak 730 with solar package and Northstar AGM 31, 1000w puresin inverter, Uniden 520XLpro cd radio, 23Zero litchfield RTT, solar lights, coleman thermo cooler (til i can afford an ARB 37/50 qt) and 2 3.5 gallon fuelpax. Think thats it for now.
Once I remove my spare, my plan is to gut the entire spare tire compartment out and build a storage area to hold recovery gear, coleman stove, cooking utensils, pot/pans, water bladder, and so forth.

Last edited:

Mdyk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
Member #

20160807_135808.jpg Hi Everyone,

Mark here, new member #5048. I live in the Las Vegas area and recently discovered Overland Bound online. I'm a novice to overlanding, but look forward to learning as much as I can. I do have some experience with camping, backpacking, and off roading , but I know there's still a lot I can learn.

My latest rig is a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road DCLB. Stock so far, but in the trail runs I've already done it's been really capable. I'm sure mods will be coming and one of the things I'd like to know is what some of you doing to 3rd gen tacos.

Talk to y'all soon,
Mark

Last edited: