Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: NOne yet (on the forum looking for great options for vehicle purchase in the future)
Overland Experience: Going overlanding with friends and family. Which doesnt help resisting the bug to get my own overlander.
Welcome from Whidbey Island (2 hours north of Seattle)! Good luck with picking a vehicle!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new guy here from SE Michigan.
Just getting into overlanding, so looking to learn from everyone.

Rig: '19 4Runner ORP stock for now, still researching and determining wants vs. needs for it.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael here in the foothills of the Rockies of southern Alberta. I have two sons and we enjoy exploring the old forestry roads and trails. I figured if I was going to use the excellent resources provided here, I should pony up and get the membership. I look forward to hooking up with other members for a trail cleanup or something. I am currently building up "Bush Truck", she is an '85 F250 HD, 460 4x4, automatic, with winches front and rear. Tires, flairs, and a new steering box are in the garage awaiting install. I also have a camperette that isn't pictured for when we go out a few days at a time. Maybe somebody else here likes to build or has built older full size trucks and we can compare failures.

View attachment 105039

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Arizona novice to overlanding done some off-roading first real trail I did was back way to crown king and loved it looking for a good community that’s kid friendly and to meet new people that share common interests.

Rig_ 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD, man 6spd stock
From_ PHX, AZ

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: The_trooper88

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Fabian here from Garden Grove, CA
I'm a complete beginner but slowly getting a 2019 F-150 ready for my first trip.
Still so much to learn.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - Ojai, California
Rig - 19 Tacoma TRD OR
New to the scene
View attachment 104979

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Rig: NOne yet (on the forum looking for great options for vehicle purchase in the future)
Overland Experience: Going overlanding with friends and family. Which doesnt help resisting the bug to get my own overlander.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

hgsr

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

kings mountain nc
First Name
HG
Last Name
Shelton
Member #

Kings Mountain North Carolina new member
Roughly about a month ago i had a random idea to build a rig to drive across the US and camp along the way. I knew nothing of Overland Bound or the Trans-America trail until recently. My trip plans are a bit different than anything ive watched on youtube. Simply because iam time limited, ill be shipping my truck to CA and flying out. Unless i can manage adding two more days to my trip, then ill drive out to CA. My trip start will be from Twentynine Palms CA, after the 2020 King of The Hammers race. I currently do no have pictures of my trusty Tacoma on this computer, but i do plan to start a build thread.

View attachment 105223View attachment 105224View attachment 105225

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

Hello everyone,
We are the Adventurous Rover, a family of 5

Rig: 2014 Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Td4 with 2 rooftop tents and a few other enhancements
Experience: Did some trips around Europe and Africa but unfortunately until now always limited in time, so no trips longer then a month.

coax

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bend
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Axtell
Hi All,
Name is Corey and I'm new to Bend from Colorado, wanted to introduce myself!

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine) Bend
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 1997 LX450
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Done a bit but always want to do more. Pictures of my trip to South America are here: https://hobogoesrogue.wordpress.com

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hi Everyone,
My Name is Chris, I live in New Hampshire, USA
Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler - 2 door
Overlanding Experience Background - None as of yet, I'm planning a 2 week trip from NH to South Dakota later this summer. 2 Adults, 2 toddlers, Should be fun!

I just took delivery of a Roof rack & a hitch mount cargo carrier. Waiting on the Roof Top Tent to ship so I can start prepping!
Hi Chris and welcome. I am also Chris...I live in Southern NH and have a fairly new to me 2011 Wrangler JKU. Hope we can meet up for some NH wheeling and exploration. Enjoy your trip to South Dakota.

Reactions: AJK2015

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Michael here in the foothills of the Rockies of southern Alberta. I have two sons and we enjoy exploring the old forestry roads and trails. I figured if I was going to use the excellent resources provided here, I should pony up and get the membership. I look forward to hooking up with other members for a trail cleanup or something. I am currently building up "Bush Truck", she is an '85 F250 HD, 460 4x4, automatic, with winches front and rear. Tires, flairs, and a new steering box are in the garage awaiting install. I also have a camperette that isn't pictured for when we go out a few days at a time. Maybe somebody else here likes to build or has built older full size trucks and we can compare failures.

View attachment 105039
Well, That aint pretty, but It will be nice wheeling with you and not worrying about getting some pin stripes on the new guy. :tonguewink: Welcome to the group. Feel free to join in on our Inland Northwest Conferance call Every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Looks like you'r about 6 hour north of me here in Sandpoint. I'd really like to get up that way and do some exploreing in Canada. Keep an eye on the Map and the Calendar for local events. hope to see you on the trail!

-Sandpoint Steve

mknielsen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Black Diamond, AB, Canada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nielsen
Member #

Well, That aint pretty, but It will be nice wheeling with you and not worrying about getting some pin stripes on the new guy. :tonguewink: Welcome to the group. Feel free to join in on our Inland Northwest Conferance call Every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Looks like you'r about 6 hour north of me here in Sandpoint. I'd really like to get up that way and do some exploreing in Canada. Keep an eye on the Map and the Calendar for local events. hope to see you on the trail!

-Sandpoint Steve
You're right, I don't give the clear coat a second thought ( let alone a first one ). I go into the bush to relax, not worry about paint scratches. I have been in your neck of the woods many times, usually heading toward Coeur d'Alene or the Oregon coast. I'll keep an eye on the events calender, 6hrs isn't that far ( just that pesky checkpoint on the way ).

CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
Wichita Falls, Texas
Rig: 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Duramax
I have about 2 years of Overlanding experience, but the past year has been more in depth and I want to get even more in depth with it, and that is when I discovered this forum! Definitely looking for fellow overlanders in my area to go on trips with.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Reactions: CrusaderZR2

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey TRD_Phantom and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for checking us out at Northwest Overland Rally and for joining us here. This is a great group of people and an awesome resource for anyone interested in getting out there and fulfilling our most basic need for adventure. There are a lot of members in and around the PDX area, so I recommend heading over to the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for your next stop so that you can get to know your neighbors. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon and will be a great resource for helping you find out what is going on. If you just want to check out what events are planned, you can take a look at the Rally Point System [link], where we post our events.

I get down to the Vancouver/PDX area periodically for work and would love to get together with other members in the area, so I hope to see you down there in the near future. Until then, if you have questions just send me a message on the forums at @Jedi.
We would love to meet you! We have events going on nearly every weekend! Come find us on Facebook- Willamette Valley Overland Bound.