First Name
Rudy
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6DOZ
Hello all!

Everyone calls me by my nickname Joe, hailing from San Bruno, California.

I have a bone stock 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro which I plan to gear up over time as I grow with my skills and into adventures.

nodoze_aki_ontheroad.jpg

I think my story is similar with others, so here it goes...
Growing up, outdoor activities were ingrained in me by my family. Whether it would be road trips, camping, hiking or simply riding bikes, we just loved being outside of the house. I kind of left that behind as I moved into San Francisco with school and career.

Now, I am married and have a five year old son. I felt I wanted to reconnect with the same activities which I enjoyed growing up and sharing that with my son. Started in May, he and I have been going camping (sometimes with friends) every month at different State Parks. So far he's enjoyed it. In addition, he's learned to balance and pedal on his bicycle. So, we ride our bikes while camping or hike the trails. Fun stuff!

As far as driving in the less-travelled roads and trails, I am a super-newbie (novice). Would love to gain more knowledge, get prepared and take steps into more adventures!

I'm so glad I found this inclusive community, happy to be part of it and hope to learn and share it with others. Thank you all for being so great!

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Everyone calls me by my nickname Joe, hailing from San Bruno, California.

I have a bone stock 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro which I plan to gear up over time as I grow with my skills and into adventures.

View attachment 65910

I think my story is similar with others, so here it goes...
Growing up, outdoor activities were ingrained in me by my family. Whether it would be road trips, camping, hiking or simply riding bikes, we just loved being outside of the house. I kind of left that behind as I moved into San Francisco with school and career.

Now, I am married and have a five year old son. I felt I wanted to reconnect with the same activities which I enjoyed growing up and sharing that with my son. Started in May, he and I have been going camping (sometimes with friends) every month at different State Parks. So far he's enjoyed it. In addition, he's learned to balance and pedal on his bicycle. So, we ride our bikes while camping or hike the trails. Fun stuff!

As far as driving in the less-travelled roads and trails, I am a super-newbie (novice). Would love to gain more knowledge, get prepared and take steps into more adventures!

I'm so glad I found this inclusive community, happy to be part of it and hope to learn and share it with others. Thank you all for being so great!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

@OUTDOORTREE

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey,

Working on putting together a conservation overland jeep. 2018 JLU Rubicon.
Purpose of vehicle is for fun travel through the Back Roads Discovery Routes and FS roads and trails in the Northwest.
So far he jeep has:
2" mopar lift
Mopar tailgate table
Mopar grab handles
Mopar floor mats and cargo mats
Mopar door sills
Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10-2 Winch

On its way:
Warn Rear bumper once its done being developed
Gobi Rack should be in soon
Bora 2" wheel spacerss

Wishlist:
ARB dual compressor
35" tires
Mopar 7" winch guard lights
Rigid 50" midnight light bar
Small fridge

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey,

Working on putting together a conservation overland jeep. 2018 JLU Rubicon.
Purpose of vehicle is for fun travel through the Back Roads Discovery Routes and FS roads and trails in the Northwest.
So far he jeep has:
2" mopar lift
Mopar tailgate table
Mopar grab handles
Mopar floor mats and cargo mats
Mopar door sills
Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10-2 Winch

On its way:
Warn Rear bumper once its done being developed
Gobi Rack should be in soon
Bora 2" wheel spacerss

Wishlist:
ARB dual compressor
35" tires
Mopar 7" winch guard lights
Rigid 50" midnight light bar
Small fridge
I wish we had a meet-up close to you that you could attend, the closest is the Spokane area. Ive had some interest from the Walla Walla are and maybe we could get some sort of meet-up started regionaly such as Richland/Kennewick area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Justin Hirschy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma

Hello Everyone, my wife and I are new to Overlanding, we have done allot of Car camping, hiking, we just love to get out of the hustle of town and breath clean air.
We are looking forward to meet like minded people, and learn all new places to take the Truck and explore.

Justin-

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma

Hello Everyone, my wife and I are new to Overlanding, we have done allot of Car camping, hiking, we just love to get out of the hustle of town and breath clean air.
We are looking forward to meet like minded people, and learn all new places to take the Truck and explore.

Justin-

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

I will be having a large OLB meet-up in the Portland, Vancouver area in late September so if you interested watch for a forum message.

Reactions: Justin Hirschy

Can't Decide

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rig 1: 2001 Jeep TJ
Rig 2: 2000 Toyota Landcruiser
Rig 3: 1996 GMC Suburban

I have been watching Overland Bound for some time now. Watching the Landcruiser helped me make the decision to buy one. I need to decide what to keep and what to sell so time will tell. We have been overlanding for a couple of years now. It's been great to get away from life in the city and venture out into Utah, we has so many great places to see. Were looking forward to seeing your adventures.

Fredward1

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Louis mo
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Mccue
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1mcq
D748179B-A9A4-4FCE-9BD2-CBAA52B7D176.jpeg 6A0A323F-C7E3-4DEF-9D71-F0DA8486D3E9.jpeg Hey everyone. My name is Fred. I am still very new to overlanding. A year ago I started a new overland journey, not just a vacation into nature but a new journey in life. I became a travel nurse. I work 3-6 months at a time in a city then move on to the next one. I bought a 2016 4runner trail premium so that I could carry all my wife’s shoes across the country comfortably with the plan of being able to explore trails and off road adventures on the way. I still haven’t done that much actual off-roading since I am almost always alone as I don’t know people in the places I visit. I’m hoping OB will help make connections with people to be able to go on adventures safely. Since I am solo and new to this I have been very timid for safety. I also don’t have any recovery gear or skills. But I can sure drive a forest service trail lol. I come from a modified cars background, I am into drifting, have built my own drift car that stays home. Home base is St. Louis mo and we are in Austin tx right now. Cant wait to meet some of you folks!

So far all I’ve done is bfg ko2 275s, sso roof rack, diff breathers, a single arb air compressor in the bay, some black paint and window tint. I have a tire repair kit, some good jumper cables, and basic tools on board but that’s it.
Oh you can follow me on Instagram @fredmccue

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, NY
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Correa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard
View attachment 65965 View attachment 65966 Hey everyone. My name is Fred. I am still very new to overlanding. A year ago I started a new overland journey, not just a vacation into nature but a new journey in life. I became a travel nurse. I work 3-6 months at a time in a city then move on to the next one. I bought a 2016 4runner trail premium so that I could carry all my wife’s shoes across the country comfortably with the plan of being able to explore trails and off road adventures on the way. I still haven’t done that much actual off-roading since I am almost always alone as I don’t know people in the places I visit. I’m hoping OB will help make connections with people to be able to go on adventures safely. Since I am solo and new to this I have been very timid for safety. I also don’t have any recovery gear or skills. But I can sure drive a forest service trail lol. I come from a modified cars background, I am into drifting, have built my own drift car that stays home. Home base is St. Louis mo and we are in Austin tx right now. Cant wait to meet some of you folks!

So far all I’ve done is bfg ko2 275s, sso roof rack, diff breathers, a single arb air compressor in the bay, some black paint and window tint. I have a tire repair kit, some good jumper cables, and basic tools on board but that’s it.
Welcome to OB Fred. Really cool helping people along your travels.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 65965 View attachment 65966 Hey everyone. My name is Fred. I am still very new to overlanding. A year ago I started a new overland journey, not just a vacation into nature but a new journey in life. I became a travel nurse. I work 3-6 months at a time in a city then move on to the next one. I bought a 2016 4runner trail premium so that I could carry all my wife’s shoes across the country comfortably with the plan of being able to explore trails and off road adventures on the way. I still haven’t done that much actual off-roading since I am almost always alone as I don’t know people in the places I visit. I’m hoping OB will help make connections with people to be able to go on adventures safely. Since I am solo and new to this I have been very timid for safety. I also don’t have any recovery gear or skills. But I can sure drive a forest service trail lol. I come from a modified cars background, I am into drifting, have built my own drift car that stays home. Home base is St. Louis mo and we are in Austin tx right now. Cant wait to meet some of you folks!

Welcome to Overland Bound! You will find local meet-ups just about everywhere you travel so if your interested in meeting like minded people check out the meet-up page to see if there is one near you at the time. If your in Austin right now there is an occasional meet-up in San Antonio.

NoDoze

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6DOZ
View attachment 65965 View attachment 65966
Hey everyone. My name is Fred. I am still very new to overlanding. A year ago I started a new overland journey, not just a vacation into nature but a new journey in life. I became a travel nurse. I work 3-6 months at a time in a city then move on to the next one. I bought a 2016 4runner trail premium so that I could carry all my wife’s shoes across the country comfortably with the plan of being able to explore trails and off road adventures on the way. I still haven’t done that much actual off-roading since I am almost always alone as I don’t know people in the places I visit. I’m hoping OB will help make connections with people to be able to go on adventures safely. Since I am solo and new to this I have been very timid for safety. I also don’t have any recovery gear or skills. But I can sure drive a forest service trail lol. I come from a modified cars background, I am into drifting, have built my own drift car that stays home. Home base is St. Louis mo and we are in Austin tx right now. Cant wait to meet some of you folks!
Awesome noble job. Love your 4Runner. Welcome!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Welcome to this great outdoor community. So many passionate enthusiasts here willing to help teach and lead others. Very nice rig, cant wait to see whats next for her.