Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

JusDoinIt

Rank 0

Traveler I

24357442-94EE-4F4D-B512-5C38CAA1F72D.jpeg 0FC253EC-95F7-4E4A-9600-C664A4494094.jpeg Shoot, I already forgot exactly what we are supposed to do.. lol

Vehicles (s):
2015 F350, Carli/Deaver/Fox Suspension, etc etc
2018 4Runner TRD Off-Road w/KDSS... bone stock, just got it.
The list goes on, I have a vehicle addiction issue.

Location: home base is Mi Wuk Village, Ca and San Bruno, Ca. Adventure could take us anywhere!

Experience Level: I’d never heard the term “Overlanding” till last year, but that’s probably because I had my head under a rock somewhere in the forest! I know my way around outdoors and adventure, and I really enjoy learning new methods and perspectives.

This was my favorite and most agreeable description I read here: “Why Overlanding: I grew up spending time in the outdoors camping and riding dirt bikes. As time goes on and the body tortures me for my antics when I was younger, I am looking for a new way to explore and take advantage of the beautiful areas in Northern California and beyond.”

RP80

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Perdido
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi from San Diego. My overlanding rig will be a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser< FZJ80 with the front and rear factory lockers i bought from a friend at work. I've done a little off-roading with friends from work 20 years ago and when I had my tundra. I've since sold the tundra and have not done any overlanding at all, except for some occasional camping at parks and renting a jeep at Cedona, Arizona for some off-roading.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Hey everyone, just joined a few days ago.

My name is Ricardo, I was born in Costa Rica, but currently living in Panama. I also lived in the US for about 10 years.

1) Picture below :)
2) Panama City, Panama, Central America
3) Ford Ranger PX 2015 (also know as Global Ranger, the one designed in Australia)
4) I've been doing overlanding for about 3 years with my truck, before that I used my motorcycle. Been doing 4x4 adventure and driving for about 12 years.

View attachment 65732 View attachment 65733 View attachment 65734 View attachment 65735 View attachment 65736 View attachment 65737
Nice truck

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

View attachment 65801 View attachment 65800 Shoot, I already forgot exactly what we are supposed to do.. lol

Vehicles (s):

Location: home base is Mi Wuk Village, Ca and San Bruno, Ca. Adventure could take us anywhere!

Experience Level: I’d never heard the term “Overlanding” till last year, but that’s probably because I had my head under a rock somewhere in the forest! I know my way around outdoors and adventure, and I really enjoy learning new methods and perspectives.

This was my favorite and most agreeable description I read here: “Why Overlanding: I grew up spending time in the outdoors camping and riding dirt bikes. As time goes on and the body tortures me for my antics when I was younger, I am looking for a new way to explore and take advantage of the beautiful areas in Northern California and beyond.”
Great pics and welcome to OB!

Be sure to check out our 4Runner Registry: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/4runner-owners-registry.1356/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 65801 View attachment 65800 Shoot, I already forgot exactly what we are supposed to do.. lol

Vehicles (s):

Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from San Diego. My overlanding rig will be a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser< FZJ80 with the front and rear factory lockers i bought from a friend at work. I've done a little off-roading with friends from work 20 years ago and when I had my tundra. I've since sold the tundra and have not done any overlanding at all, except for some occasional camping at parks and renting a jeep at Cedona, Arizona for some off-roading.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

DMTacoma

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi Everyone,

I'm Dave and am new to the world of overlanding. My "rig" if you want to call it that is a 2013 Volvo XC60 that I will be trading in for a new Tacoma TRD Pro as soon as she hits 100k on the odometer (she just broke 85k).

I'm located in the Twin Cities of MN which I think is a pretty great jumping off point for overlanding. Canada is pretty close, the Badlands of ND & SD are a days drive and the adventure of MT is within reason.

My overlanding experience is concentrated to the trips I used to take in my old Tacoma (2001), when I was stationed in CA. I threw a camper shell on it an filled the back with supplies for me and my Marine buddies to make a weekend of fun in Yosemite. I'm looking to build a tough rig and introduce my wife and kids to the fun of overlanding and being out in nature.

I'm looking forward to connecting with likeminded Mid-Westerners and welcome any advice, tips, & tricks.

Be well,
Dave

squrlb8

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale, AZ
Member #

Good Morning All! I an OB1489 and just joined the forums. Looking forward to exploring the forums and learning from you fine OB folks.
I live in Scottsdale, AZ
I have a 2014 SR5 with the following mods:

Icon 2.0 lift
Total Chaos UCA's
Wheelers off road bump stops (front and rear)
Upgraded thick rubber inner fender liner
Body Mount Chop
17x8.5 Method Rossts in Bronze
Cooper STT Pro 285/70/17
Spare set of 18x9 RRW 002.5 powdercoated red with BFG KO2's
Gobi rack with custom front fairing
Gobi Ladder
Overland Equipped steps attached to ladder
Rigid Pods all around
5 led lights in front grill
Rock lights in fender wells
TRD Pro front facia
custom vinyl on back and front bumpers
Kustom54 Lighting headlights with etched hexagon on the projectors and painted satin black with a 1/2 switchback halo and led strip (all LED conversion)
Kustom54 Lighting tail lights painted satin black and smoked orange reflector (LED conversion)
EcoTechne recovery board rack on hood with custom fab cross members to avoid highway speed "flapping"
TRD front skid plate
RCI full skids behind TRD skid plate (all in 1/4" aluminum)
One-off sliders welded on and covered in bed liner
Rock lights in wheel wells
Pedal Commander
Front facing camera integrated in OEM screen
ARB twin compressor with full air up/air down system (On-board air)
--this system was designed for a Raptor but was fitted for my 4Runner.
--air up and down all 4 tires from 40psi-18psi and back in 5-6 minutes
Secondary Viair compressor
Hilift jack with overland equipped cover (no more fading hilift cover)
Tred recovery boards
Rotopax gas can
ARB awning
Fully sound deadened doors
Kicker 6x9, 3-way speakers in the front
Kenwood 6.5", 2-way speakers in the back

I am sure I am forgetting something but here are the pics.

method.png

arb.png airupdown.png

Tim Gregory

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kent, WA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Hello,

My name is Tim, I live in Kent, WA (about 25 miles south of Seattle). Married, two daughters.

I'm a total novice as far as overlanding goes. I camped with my family a fair bit as a kid (let's call that the 70's and 80's) and always wanted that to be part of my kids' lives, but I've left it as a very low priority. Hopefully that will change now!

My rig is a 1978 Jeep Cherokee. Pretty much all stock, including the rust. But I did have the engine and transmission completely rebuilt and remanufactured, so the ol' bear has it where it counts. First thing I need is tires, that will be enough to get it off road, then we'll see where it goes.

My adventure goals - I'd like to start with visiting ghost towns in Washington as family trips. My goal is to be out camping alone or with one kid about once a month, year-round, with 2-3 multi-day overland trips a year.

Looking forward to making some new friends here!

Tim20180807_071349~2.jpeg20170622_200606.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello,

My name is Tim, I live in Kent, WA (about 25 miles south of Seattle). Married, two daughters.

I'm a total novice as far as overlanding goes. I camped with my family a fair bit as a kid (let's call that the 70's and 80's) and always wanted that to be part of my kids' lives, but I've left it as a very low priority. Hopefully that will change now!

My rig is a 1978 Jeep Cherokee. Pretty much all stock, including the rust. But I did have the engine and transmission completely rebuilt and remanufactured, so the ol' bear has it where it counts. First thing I need is tires, that will be enough to get it off road, then we'll see where it goes.

My adventure goals - I'd like to start with visiting ghost towns in Washington as family trips. My goal is to be out camping alone or with one kid about once a month, year-round, with 2-3 multi-day overland trips a year.

TimView attachment 65846View attachment 65847
Welcome. Good looking old Rig.

James Sarmiento

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Bruno
First Name
James
Last Name
Sarmiento
Member #

Hello everyone,
Name is James, new member.
No pic of rig yet
Location; San Bruno ,CA
Rig; 2018 Crosstrek with ADF lift and BFG KO2’s
Love to build things. Already built a drawer system, a la Goosegearesq for the rig, but think it might add too much weight though it is cool to have. Maybe get heavy springs?
Want to outfit my rig as things become necessary. Bumper, protection,racks,etc.
Novice Overlander, but used to hunt and fish with my father and uncle when I was a child. Guess we were overlanding back then. Fond memories of sleeping in the Scout/Van or tent with a camp fire to warm you after a long day of hunting. Honestly enjoyed the hunt, camping and shooting guns more than the kill.

Looking to reconnect with the outdoors and escape the grind for some peace and space.
Fortunate to live in the Bay Area with mountain biking and surfing just a few minutes away from where I live or I’d go bonkers.A5299081-1D10-4430-81D1-B74AA94AB8FC.jpeg 102A4DBC-63F7-43C9-8E0C-0AA03AD51B09.jpeg A5299081-1D10-4430-81D1-B74AA94AB8FC.jpeg 102A4DBC-63F7-43C9-8E0C-0AA03AD51B09.jpeg 6A4637C2-F908-4822-A96F-6C20D9939429.jpeg

Last edited:

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Hello everyone,
No pic of rig yet
Location; San Bruno ,CA
Love to build things. Already built a drawer system, a la Moosegearesq for the rig, but think it might add too much weight though it is cool to have. Maybe get heavy springs?
Novice Overlander, but used to hunt and fish with my father and uncle when I was a child. Guess we were overlanding back then. Fond memories of sleeping in the Scout/Van or tent with a camp fire to warm you after a long day of hunting. Honestly enjoyed the hunt, camping and shooting guns more than the kill.

Looking to reconnect with the outdoors and escape the grind for some peace and space.
Fortunate to live in the Bay Area with mountain biking and surfing just a few minutes away from where I live or I’d go bonkers.
Hello neighbor! Welcome aboard! Hope to see you at some point!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

TimView attachment 65846View attachment 65847
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

I will be having a large OLB meet-up in the Portland, Vancouver area in late September so if you interested watch for a forum message.

Reactions: Tim Gregory

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here.

I live in both SoCal and Hurricane UT, Dixie Springs, Sand Hollow.

2016 Nissan Titan XD Pro4X
2018 Can Am Maverick X3 Max XRS

Mainly interested in GAIA GPS and how better to use it to plan and execute routes over multiple days.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
No pic of rig yet
Location; San Bruno ,CA
Love to build things. Already built a drawer system, a la Moosegearesq for the rig, but think it might add too much weight though it is cool to have. Maybe get heavy springs?

Fortunate to live in the Bay Area with mountain biking and surfing just a few minutes away from where I live or I’d go bonkers.
There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.