Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Stockton Ca. (soon to be Idaho resident)

Rig: 2011 Rubicon 2dr
equip: none(looking to outfit)
Exp: Beginner-long day trips for now
Welcome to Overland Bound! Hope you can make our meet-up on the 25th in Manteca check the meet-up page for info. As for moving to Idaho what is the general area you are going to?

MrLeadslinger

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Concord NC
Member #

I'm Dan from Concord NC.

Just picked up a lightly used 2014 4Runner Trail and plan on building it into our family adventure vehicle.

I enjoyed camping with my family as a child and with my friends as a young man as well as a good bit of off roading in my teens and early twenties. I'm looking forward to rekindling those kinds of experiences and introducing it to my kids.

Looking forward to making friends on this site and learning about building a good adventure rig.

Last edited:

BlackFord

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pinehurst, North Carolina
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
3C1F5EE6-AB09-4360-A98E-E0B249B94467.jpeg
My name is Lawrence. I just recently bought this 1996 Tacoma V6 manual trans. I’m literally the second owner! I’m in the process of upgrading the suspension, tires, clutch, etc to ensure it is capable of over-landing. I’m from the Raleigh, NC area. Anyone interested in traveling around NC, please let me know! Cheers

T Ray

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome to Overland Bound! Hope you can make our meet-up on the 25th in Manteca check the meet-up page for info. As for moving to Idaho what is the general area you are going to?
Absolutely!! Love to go to the meeting.. Ill be in the Salmon region of Idaho which borders Montana.. Took my newly purchased rubicon for a spin last week and def need mods... Im in experienced but can't wait to outfit the jeep..

Traveler I

Thank for the add! I am Scott Singer and I reside in the Birmingham, AL area. I am new to the Overland community, but I do have several local buddies that are members here and told me to join. I just purchased a new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition a few months ago. I am really looking forward to getting out and getting involved in this community.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 65104
My name is Lawrence. I just recently bought this 1996 Tacoma V6 manual trans. I’m literally the second owner! I’m in the process of upgrading the suspension, tires, clutch, etc to ensure it is capable of over-landing. I’m from the Raleigh, NC area. Anyone interested in traveling around NC, please let me know! Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested we have a member in Fayetteville NC who is going to host a meet-up toward the end of the month. You should receive a message on the forum.

Reactions: BlackFord

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Absolutely!! Love to go to the meeting.. Ill be in the Salmon region of Idaho which borders Montana.. Took my newly purchased rubicon for a spin last week and def need mods... Im in experienced but can't wait to outfit the jeep..
We look forward to seeing you on the 25th in Manteca there will be other JKU's there that you can get ideas from. As for the Salmon area you should check out the member map and see who is close to you.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Greetings from Frederick, Maryland.

I'm an experienced offroader and camper, but new to overlanding.

I have a 2007 JKU Sahara 6-speed with 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on 35's and am building a 2002 WJ that I'm building with a 3" IRO lift on 32's.

Pic is 4 yrs old...no longer have the Gobi rack ( or a clean-shaven face :laughing: )

Welcome to the community from NOVA!

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

YaaahMon! JonBoy here from Los Angeles. I just joined and got my member number, can't wait to meet up with some folks and learn/experience America and beyond thru this overlanding ways, with my 11yo son and our 8yo doggy.
We have a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited w 5.7L Hemi. Full stock. Looking to get a lift and change out the wheels/tires along with fresh suspension..in the next few weeks.
Badge received and Applied! Great quality, very much impressed!
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG

ZaneBEazy24

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello world! New to the official overland world. Always been into off-road stuff, just pushing stock trucks until we get stuck and camp out lol. Also love camping and being outdoors. Just bought a stock 03 discovery looking forward to the build. Just want to be able to go anywhere, anytime in this crazy world!
Also just outside Denver!

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz