Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R
Thank you for the welcome Kent. I will be attending a meet up in the Bellingham WA area invited by Jedi, Looking forward to that. I am very impressed with the whole organization and community! I especially like the You-Tube videos. Looking forward to meeting you up here someday.

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

Hi all,

Here to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to overlanding, and I hope I can learn a lot from the folks on here and eventually contribute myself.

Quick background: We live in the Seattle area. After having our first baby and quickly running out of space in our small downtown condo, we decided to move out to a nearby suburb for more space and a yard for our daughter to play in. The move away from dense urban neighborhoods and easy access to public transit required that we get a second car. It was at this point we decided rather than buy the typical commuter vehicle (we already had one of those) we would instead invest in something that would help us have adventures and build memories as a family. And learn as a family as well, since none of us has any experience with this! It was around this time I discovered that overlanding is actually a thing and I got really excited by the possibilities for our family. So, long story short, we took the plunge on a late-model 4Runner, and we've been slowly getting our feet wet with off-road experiences over the past summer. It's been tons of fun.

Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road

(If you're wondering about the strange/funny username, a white 5th gen 4Runner with black trim kind of looks like the Star Wars storm trooper mask from the front. And, sci fi is awesome. :)
That's a cool handle and it makes sense. I have an unusual handle as well. I am a Star Wars fan, but since I was a kid I enjoyed the Autobots. Ironhide has been one of my favorites. You see the original Ironhide was actually a Toyota van and the movie version is a GMC truck. In my mind, my 2001 GMC Safari AWD van fits both profiles...LOL

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the welcome Kent. I will be attending a meet up in the Bellingham WA area invited by Jedi, Looking forward to that. I am very impressed with the whole organization and community! I especially like the You-Tube videos. Looking forward to meeting you up here someday.
Looks like I am going to have a meet-up in the Portland / Vancouver area September 29. Originally it was going to be the first weekend of October but some OLB plans have changed. You will relieve a invite from the forum in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironhide

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello my name is Rio Gomez. we are a family of 4 from Temecula Ca. my wife Eunice, kids Joshua (4), and Amelia (2) love camping. we have an M1101 humvee trailer with a rooftop tent that we tow with our 2012 Toyota Tacoma. we would like to take our set up on trails but as of yet, we lack the expertise for overloading. we hope that joining this community will give us the confidence to take on trails. we like the principles which overland bound is founded on and we hope to be able to contribute in any way. best regards! ~ The Gomez family OB11427 (M1101tenttrailer)
Welcome! from Arizona

Should be many OB'ers in your area.....

Jim

Reactions: m1101tenttrailer

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Reactions: m1101tenttrailer

Nick Morris

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clarence, NY
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Morris
Member #

I'm from Buffalo, NY and this is my '84 CJ7 that I am building up to become an overlanding vehicle. I have never gone on any extended trips, just weekend camping trips. But you have to start somewhere. Once I finish my trailer I would like to go on some longer off road trips.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Reactions: Hiking&Hangovers

Philip VanVeen

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Cruces, NM 88001
Member #

Hey, I'm MamaBear! (wife of Stringtwelve, I know, be jealous)

Rig: 2014 Trail Edition 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, co-pilot to Stringtwelve

I'm also a Mama to a 2 year old. Looking to enhance the overlanding experience to include families into the fun! Looking forward to sharing my experience and advice into new overlanding families here on

OnMyWaypoint

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, California 94587, United States
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Calub
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WE6ABC
Thanks for the welcome, Kent. I'll check out the Meetup page and see what's coming my way. Thanks again.

Ben

Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Caffienated

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southwest Portland, Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Caputi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CID
Service Branch
Marines
Hello everyone, Im Derek and have been living in the PNW for a couple of years because my first real job after leaving the service brought me here. The misspelled username is because I owned some coffee houses at one time and by misspelling it kinda guarantee's I will always be able to use the username! Ive lived and offroaded/crawled/mudded/overlanded all over the place thanks to my time in the service and am really looking forward to meeting some of you and hitting the trail together. The mountains and camping are where I find my peace so I do it as often as possible. If there are any meetups within a couple of hours of Portland or weekend rides within a 3-4 hour drive please invite me! Im also wanting to head up to Northern Idaho this fall. I also Hike, Mountain Bike, Ski, Snow Camp, Hunt/Fish.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone, Im Derek and have been living in the PNW for a couple of years because my first real job after leaving the service brought me here. The misspelled username is because I owned some coffee houses at one time and by misspelling it kinda guarantee's I will always be able to use the username! Ive lived and offroaded/crawled/mudded/overlanded all over the place thanks to my time in the service and am really looking forward to meeting some of you and hitting the trail together. The mountains and camping are where I find my peace so I do it as often as possible. If there are any meetups within a couple of hours of Portland or weekend rides within a 3-4 hour drive please invite me! Im also wanting to head up to Northern Idaho this fall. I also Hike, Mountain Bike, Ski, Snow Camp, Hunt/Fish.
Welcome. You need to add your 2 cents to the Coffee Set Ups thread.. [emoji12]

Reactions: Caffienated

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome!

Reactions: Caffienated

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I've been offroading for about five years and now more Overlanding. Just got the iKamper and annex and I am looking forward to meeting others from Central Texas as I live in Austin.
View attachment 64892
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. Check the calendar there is a meet-up in San Antonio every onec and a while.

Last edited:

woony

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi
Newbie here and to 'overlanding'.

I'm 32 and have always enjoyed camping, my girlfriend ( soon -to-be- wife ) likes it also.
I've always like 4x4's and the whole idea of going out on 'adventure'.

Until now I haven't really been able to own a 4x4, invested in a house first and always have had a company-car.
We are getting settled in ( got the house and renovations, wedding, wife-car etc.. ) so I will be able to finally own a 4x4 and learn how to use it properly and go on probably amazing trips :).

So recently I started doing some research on what would be a solid buy ( and not breaking the bank ) for a starter but also with some growing potential. This is how I ended up here aswell in my quest to adventure and freedom.

In the coming year 2019 a purchase WILL happen :D

Hope to learn a lot here.
Greetings from Belgium!

T Ray

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello from Stockton Ca. (soon to be Idaho resident)

Rig: 2011 Rubicon 2dr
equip: none(looking to outfit)
Exp: Beginner-long day trips for now

Attachments