Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

NCTaco90

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Carolina
Member #

Hey everybody! My Name is Cliff. I've been into the outdoors my whole life and started hunting, fishing and going on camping trips with my dad when i was around three. I have a 2018 Tacoma and i am new to overlanding. I've backpacked a lot of the AT and camped all over the place but I want to get into this so I can try and convince my wife into going some. We have our first child on the way and I want them to grow up loving the outdoors like I have! My first question would be where do i start?? Should i get some upgrades first? If so what should be first? I live in NC, where are some good places to go? Look forward to hearing from everybody and thank you for the help in advance!!

Clay Custer

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Silverton, Colorado
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Custer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZA
Hi, we are in Silverton, Colorado after touring the West for three months last Summer, in our 2017 JK Unlimited looking for a place to start over, with our dog Sadie. Sadie sadly passed away at the end of our journey. We are looking to join a group of people to share our love of exploring and camping with.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello from Middle Tennessee! Just ordered my emblem this morning! Any other folks on here that are from around Nashville? I just bought a 2008 Jeep JKU Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound. There are some groups in you area. I’m from Alabama, but if you go to the “Region” section and search Southeast you will find some conversation there. I know that sounds obvious but it took me a couple days to find anything in my area. Hope this helps. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jrfelkins

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hey everybody! My Name is Cliff. I've been into the outdoors my whole life and started hunting, fishing and going on camping trips with my dad when i was around three. I have a 2018 Tacoma and i am new to overlanding. I've backpacked a lot of the AT and camped all over the place but I want to get into this so I can try and convince my wife into going some. We have our first child on the way and I want them to grow up loving the outdoors like I have! My first question would be where do i start?? Should i get some upgrades first? If so what should be first? I live in NC, where are some good places to go? Look forward to hearing from everybody and thank you for the help in advance!!
Seems to be a lot of good groups in the NC and SC area. I’m planning to attend Expo East in November. Should be a great time to connect with other overlanders. [emoji1360]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob G

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reactions: IrieOB and Rob G

Jason Harris

Rank II

Advocate II

Hi I’m Jason Harris I’ve been in the 4wheel drive seen in Arkansas and Missouri for almost 20 years I used to competive rock crawl and I have owned Harris custom off-road since 2005. In the mist of rock crawling I have always traveled the national forest between my home in Missouri and as far away as Colorado and California being in nature has alway appealed to me honestly more than just going out and finding rocks and hills to beat on this the last 5 years of being without a rockbuggy and just focusing on overlanding with my 4runner and now land cruiser 80. I have started a YouTube channel Ozark mountain adventures and really am excited to be apart of this community

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hi I’m Jason Harris I’ve been in the 4wheel drive seen in Arkansas and Missouri for almost 20 years I used to competive rock crawl and I have owned Harris custom off-road since 2005. In the mist of rock crawling I have always traveled the national forest between my home in Missouri and as far away as Colorado and California being in nature has alway appealed to me honestly more than just going out and finding rocks and hills to beat on this the last 5 years of being without a rockbuggy and just focusing on overlanding with my 4runner and now land cruiser 80. I have started a YouTube channel Ozark mountain adventures and really am excited to be apart of this community
I’ll check out your channel when I get home. That would be an interesting area to explore. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Thank you for having me in the club. I’m new to the Overland community and just purchased my first truck. I live in the Pacific NW

Truck: 2018 TRD OffRoad Tacoma
Member#13964
Watchmaker?? Wow, That’s interesting! I’m always interested in things made by hand. Share some info?

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

Watchmaker?? Wow, That’s interesting! I’m always interested in things made by hand. Share some info?

Well watchmaking has been in the family for over 55 years. I was involved with NASCAR back in the 80s and had a chance to go back and work with Junior Johnson or go into Watchmaking school. The rest is history. I’m certified with Omega and working with other major brands at this time. I’ve been self employed for the last 30 years and still going strong. I am also the service center for Polar hart-rate monitors on the Westcoast. It’s a challenging and VERY stressful career which is changing every day. I’m also a father of a Special Needs daughter with Angelmans which is stressful enough. So I thought I would get involved with Overlanding to help with the stress and get out in the outdoors which I love. I’m trying to workout my a way to incorporate my daughters wheelchair into my truck so she can maybe get out as well. It may be to much to ask though but I’m going to try. I happy to be part of the group and look forward to the adventures.

BattleBornJK

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Kiefer
Member #

Hi All! Just making the introduction here!

I’ve got a 2015 JK Unlimited and I’m new to the Overlanding world. I’m anxious to meet some like-minded people and get out there. Done plenty of trail exploration in Northern Nevada, where we call home.

I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve got twin boys and a wife who love to take the Jeep out with me!

See you on the trails!

-Adam

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

I’ve got a 2015 JK Unlimited and I’m new to the Overlanding world. I’m anxious to meet some like-minded people and get out there. Done plenty of trail exploration in Northern Nevada, where we call home.

I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve got twin boys and a wife who love to take the Jeep out with me!

See you on the trails!

-Adam
Welcom Adam

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

See you on the trails!

-Adam
Welcome! Planning a trip out to your part of the country next year. Can’t wait!

Reactions: BattleBornJK

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

I’ve only had it one day and absolutely love it:) Now I’m looking for accessories for it. Rock Sliders,Lights and bed cover.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

There are a lot great companies. Not all companies make sliders for DCLB Tacoma’s. Mine actually just came in today and I got them from CBi. I order most of my stuff from a company called aventuron. They have free shipping so that helps a lot on freight items. They have great customer service and communication is second to none. Small business and the guy actually owns a Tacoma.