• HTML tutorial

WheresWaldo

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

Hey all,

New member here currently living in the LA area.

Rig is fairly new to me, an '87 gas LandCruiser with rooftop tent. It will be a constant work in progress, most recent projects were dual battery, a DIY camp shower and a third row seat for cramming as many family members in as possible!

Experience: I got started overlanding with previous vehicles including a Volvo AWD wagon and a Prius which I enjoyed taking on trails from time to time but obviously quickly developed a desire for a more capable vehicle, hence the acquisition of "Waldo" :)

I consider myself a newbie but am enjoying learning about carburetors, gear ratios, electrical wiring, communications, etc.

unnamed (1).jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

New member here currently living in the LA area.

Rig is fairly new to me, an '87 gas LandCruiser with rooftop tent. It will be a constant work in progress, most recent projects were dual battery, a DIY camp shower and a third row seat for cramming as many family members in as possible!

Experience: I got started overlanding with previous vehicles including a Volvo AWD wagon and a Prius which I enjoyed taking on trails from time to time but obviously quickly developed a desire for a more capable vehicle, hence the acquisition of "Waldo" :)

I consider myself a newbie but am enjoying learning about carburetors, gear ratios, electrical wiring, communications, etc.

View attachment 60394
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: WheresWaldo

Alex Murphy

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Occidental, California
Member #

Hi,
I'm Alex, I've always been very interested in overlanding, use to go backpacking in my teenage years, we would drive half way up the mountain in a 95 Land Cruiser and then hike the rest of the way. My favorite part of the trip was the Land Cruiser part.

I recently acquired a 2002 Isuzu Trooper that I plan on turning into my rig.
here is a photo of it right outside Zion.
Colorado to San Diego 2018.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
I'm Alex, I've always been very interested in overlanding, use to go backpacking in my teenage years, we would drive half way up the mountain in a 95 Land Cruiser and then hike the rest of the way. My favorite part of the trip was the Land Cruiser part.

I recently acquired a 2002 Isuzu Trooper that I plan on turning into my rig.
here is a photo of it right outside Zion.
View attachment 60406
Welcome to Overland Bound!! Trying to figure out where you are located to see if there is a meet-up near you.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hello Overland Bound!

My name is Brandon. I am located in Anaheim Hills, California, originally from Chattanooga Tennessee. I have 2 vehicles that I am building at the moment, a 2007 Ram 2500 4x4 longbed....and a 2005 Jeep LJ. I have been into off-roading and exploring for 25 + years. I have 3 kids under the age of 10 and want them to experience, appreciate, and hopefully share my love of the outdoors and exploring. Happy to be here!
Hi Brandon, welcome! I live just over the hill from you in Silverado Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ibemarcus

Webb

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Berkeley, CA
First Name
Marnie
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Hello everyone,

I've just joined up. Longtime car camper and angler. And so most of my adventuring has been around those two things. Now, though, I'm interested in getting to remote and harder to get to places -- mostly to feed the desire to fish and to be in nature.

I have a new-to-me 1996 Isuzu Trooper, manual with 4WD, very stock. I'm slowly figuring out what I need to add to make it an adventure vehicle that works for me and my family.

I've been exploring in this forum for a bit and have already learned tons.

MLGrace

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LAKESIDE AZ
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Grace
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran
Hello there!
Rig: 2009 jeep jku, homebuilt trailer
Experience: lots, just new on forum
Hello, I am from Pinetop but now live in Texas. I am camping at BigLake this weekend on vacation. Good to know there are still some explorers in the white mountains. Maybe run into you sometime.

Mike

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hey there Overland..
My name is Thomas.. Located in Spokane, Washington. I have a 2015 Willy's JKU. New to the Over-landing Experience but very excited to start going on expeditions.. Still setting up the jeep with all the essential items. Hopefully get to meet some of you soon one day..
Welcome! I’m truly jealous of what the Pacific NW has to offer! [emoji16][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Getsome93

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I've just joined up. Longtime car camper and angler. And so most of my adventuring has been around those two things. Now, though, I'm interested in getting to remote and harder to get to places -- mostly to feed the desire to fish and to be in nature.

I have a new-to-me 1996 Isuzu Trooper, manual with 4WD, very stock. I'm slowly figuring out what I need to add to make it an adventure vehicle that works for me and my family.

I've been exploring in this forum for a bit and have already learned tons.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Webb and ibemarcus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there Overland..
My name is Thomas.. Located in Spokane, Washington. I have a 2015 Willy's JKU. New to the Over-landing Experience but very excited to start going on expeditions.. Still setting up the jeep with all the essential items. Hopefully get to meet some of you soon one day..
Welcome to Overland Bound! The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs this summer. If your interested here is the forum link.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/inland-northwest-conference-call-06-17-2018.13703/

Reactions: Getsome93

Jetpack Jack

Rank I

Contributor III

Good evening all,

Signed up a few days ago and just now getting around to my intro. I have been lurking around the threads for a while now and figured it was time to sign up.

About myself, currently active military and stationed in NC. I have a good amount of camping experience and have decided to up my game with overlanding. Right now, I drive a Silverado as my daily driver, but am in the search for an FZJ-80.

I look forward to learning from everyone on these threads.

-Jetpack

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all! I am brand new to all things here. I bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport in February. Before that, I drove a Honda Insight, so quite the shift :) I am located in Nashville TN, and am brand new to overlanding. I want to use my truck to get away from the job and the chaos and be in the quiet with my dog. Thank you for helping!