Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hello all! I am brand new to all things here. I bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport in February. Before that, I drove a Honda Insight, so quite the shift :) I am located in Nashville TN, and am brand new to overlanding. I want to use my truck to get away from the job and the chaos and be in the quiet with my dog. Thank you for helping!
Welcome IMG_20180617_102154346_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Everyone,
Looking forward to the great info on the forums.
Grass Valley, CA
2013 JKU
Welcome to Overland Bound! Currently there is not a meet up close to Grass Vally but there are two meet-up’s south and south west of you if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/
Sacramento weekly meet-up.

Alaska.hermit

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger II

Wasilla, Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Morriss
Member #

Service Branch
Us Army (retired)
Hello!
Dan from Alaska. I have a plethora of vehicles, but you are most likely to see me out and about in a 1969 FJ40.
My other vehicles are a 1979 F150, 1979 jeep Cherokee chief , or a 1974 jeep J20.

I have been making long road trips and exploring trails since I could drive.

I am the father of seven.....so I have not been to adventurous for a few years. My oldest daughter is 16 now and has bought here first jeep, and my second oldest will be be liscened in less than a year, so we will be going out to explore a lot more.

3A64659B-129A-49C6-8426-D76066AE03EE.jpeg
0146B6D1-80A7-4600-9F81-DF69C598850F.jpeg

D195B6AE-DFA4-4243-A97D-808C367CDCCC.jpeg

anthocar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

New here, checking out the forums to meet with like minded off road enthusiasts.

1. Pic in Bio, will start to put up some more soon
2. 2016 Toyota 4Runner, SR5. Fairly stock with BFG KO2 Tires.
3. Austin, TX, USA
3. Intermediate - I just got my T4R but used to have a 95 Wrangler. Grew up in the deserts of west texas so sand was a part of my formative years, but just beginning to scratch the surface of the overlanding community. Recently explored Big Bend for a few days with my (very novice) buddy and I think I got the bug.

Tundra ryder

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakewood, WA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Blanding
Member #

7735CA64-1FE1-48D5-83C7-9EB53AFE9724.jpeg 1. Will load more soon.
2. 2017 Toyota Tundra SR5. Rough Country lift and suspension. With all country 35” tires. Black out kit. Rough country nerf bars. Tonneau trifold tunnel cover. Adding prerunner front bumper and rear bumper very soon and hidden winch.
3. Novice
4. Love off-roading, however new to overlanding. I’m in the military so I’m used to being outdoors. Looking forward starting very soon on new adventures.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here, checking out the forums to meet with like minded off road enthusiasts.

1. Pic in Bio, will start to put up some more soon
2. 2016 Toyota 4Runner, SR5. Fairly stock with BFG KO2 Tires.
3. Austin, TX, USA
3. Intermediate - I just got my T4R but used to have a 95 Wrangler. Grew up in the deserts of west texas so sand was a part of my formative years, but just beginning to scratch the surface of the overlanding community. Recently explored Big Bend for a few days with my (very novice) buddy and I think I got the bug.[/QUOTE
Welcome to Overland Bound! I know its a drive but a meet-up group is starting in San Antonio so if your interested check out the meet-up page for details.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

View attachment 60615 1. Will load more soon.
2. 2017 Toyota Tundra SR5. Rough Country lift and suspension. With all country 35” tires. Black out kit. Rough country nerf bars. Tonneau trifold tunnel cover. Adding prerunner front bumper and rear bumper very soon and hidden winch.
3. Novice
4. Love off-roading, however new to overlanding. I’m in the military so I’m used to being outdoors. Looking forward starting very soon on new adventures.
Love the Tundra!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

View attachment 60664 View attachment 60663 Just signed up.
Sean O’Brien but everyone calls me O’B
We have a 1988 Fj62 Toyota Land Crusher
We live in Greenville SC
New to overlanding, just been cruising the local logging trails in NC.
Cheers to all
P.S my wife and I have a hot sauce company. If you like heat and lots of flavor check us out.
https://obsiriepeppersauce.com/
Nice rig! Hope to meet you guys on the trail someday!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: IrieOB

Dunzee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moose Creek, Ontario
Member #

Hi I’m Louis Legault. New member in Moose Creek, Ontario Canada. Outfitted my 2011 Ram 1500 with an AT Habitat. Tufftruck heavy duty rear coils, Bilstein shocks, BFG KO2’s. My wife and I just completed a 5000 mike round trip to Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland via the TransLabrador highway. Looking to more trips with our rig.

RB3Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Haven, Indiana
Member #

Hello All, my name is Ric.

Live in Indiana currently, have been offroading and an an outdoors enthusiast for quite some time. So I would say Experienced. 10 years +. Just want to expand some and start seeing more places and meet others who enjoy the outdoors.20180603_041411.jpg

I have a 2011 Jeep Sahara with quite a few mods. Including a RTT.

Capt Ivan

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Oklahoma
Member #

Jeep.jpg View attachment 60725 Hello. My name is Chris and I am located in Muskogee, Oklahoma (Okie from Muskogee). My wife and I have started getting really interested in Overlanding here in the last few months. We've always been the outdoors-y type but we recently purchased a 2010 JK and it has become apparent that this is something we want to do as a family. I would say our overlanding experience is novice but are ready to learn! Really looking forward to upgrading our rig and sharing the overlanding adventure with our daughter, who is constantly on the hunt for bigfoot!

Cleasby

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Austin
Member #

Hi,

Empty nester Outdoor enthusiast from Austin TX. With both kids in college in Colorado want to explore more of the back roads getting there and when up there (for starters)

Stock 2014 F150 Fx4 short bed. Due to budget constraints (out of state college is expensive), starting small with some basic upgrades, first Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires. Not sure what next. Reason I joined the group, to learn from the wealth of knowledge/experience the Overland Bound forum members have and to meet up with some on our travels.

spencershort

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seabeck WA
Member #

Hel
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
[
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administratorve done about 100 miles
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
hello i am spencer
Area: Seabeck WA
Rig: 2005 jeep wrangler sport with 6 speed manual
expirence: Novice (i have done 100 miles of the WABDR)