• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I finally decided I should join after following along on IG for awhile.
I live in Idaho and have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon. I guess I'm new to "overlanding" but I've been camping, four wheeling, backpacking etc. my whole life. My first vehicle was a 1951 Jeep CJ-3A and my current jeep makes a total of five Jeeps I've had. I'm slowly building the jeep as I find what I want/need. I've built the roof rack and bumper/tire carrier myself and am about ready to start the front bumper. So far I've added an Afe high tuck exhaust, and just a week ago installed the AEV 2.5" lift with Geometry correction brackets. For tires I put on 285/75r17 Falken Wildpeak AT's on factory wheels with no spacers (we'll see if I need to change that, so far just a very slight rub offroad).
I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community here.
DonnyView attachment 40745
Hello Donny and welcome to the OB crew my Pacific northwest neighbor...good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Donnymcq

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

2) San Jose, CA
3) 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Edt. Red
4) Coming from the off-roading scene, I've come to love more of the camping aspect of the adventure and would like to get back out into the wilds, driven by the recent passing of my grandfather. I've regret not remembering all of the spots, camping sites, and trails in his old US Forest Service patrol area. Coming here will very likely get Red more trail worthy and perhaps a few more additional people to go with beyond my current Subaru family. Looking forward to it all!

Welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I finally decided I should join after following along on IG for awhile.
I live in Idaho and have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon. I guess I'm new to "overlanding" but I've been camping, four wheeling, backpacking etc. my whole life. My first vehicle was a 1951 Jeep CJ-3A and my current jeep makes a total of five Jeeps I've had. I'm slowly building the jeep as I find what I want/need. I've built the roof rack and bumper/tire carrier myself and am about ready to start the front bumper. So far I've added an Afe high tuck exhaust, and just a week ago installed the AEV 2.5" lift with Geometry correction brackets. For tires I put on 285/75r17 Falken Wildpeak AT's on factory wheels with no spacers (we'll see if I need to change that, so far just a very slight rub offroad).
I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community here.
DonnyView attachment 40745
Hi Donny and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Donnymcq

11Chuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pine Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Lunger
Member #

Hello Everyone! I'm from central Pennsylvania. I drive a 1999 Jeep Cherokee I am a novice overlander and novice off roader. I have a military background so I am not new to harsh conditions and sleeping on the ground. I was planning to do some camping with my kids, also I am in the process of building my XJ when a few months ago I came accross Overland Bound. I didnt really have a vision of what I wanted to do with my XJ. Now I do! And best of all it every bit of it is family oriented! Thank you for accepting my family into yours!!

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone! I'm from central Pennsylvania. I drive a 1999 Jeep Cherokee I am a novice overlander and novice off roader. I have a military background so I am not new to harsh conditions and sleeping on the ground. I was planning to do some camping with my kids, also I am in the process of building my XJ when a few months ago I came accross Overland Bound. I didnt really have a vision of what I wanted to do with my XJ. Now I do! And best of all it every bit of it is family oriented! Thank you for accepting my family into yours!!
Hello Carl and welcome to the OB crew..good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: 11Chuck

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Carl and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: 11Chuck

Jeff Pedersen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cedar City Utah
Member #

I am from south west Utah and drive a dodge ram 3500 and a 2011 Jeep wrangler. I am new to the overland thing but spend a lot of time exploring Utah and the back roads around the state.

sangster

Rank 0

Traveler I

FullSizeRender 4.jpg Hello everyone,
Current Vehicle: 2018 4Runner TRD PRO (a week old)
Experience: NONE - Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers,

thebeardedboomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fairwood Boulevard Northeast, Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652
View attachment 40776 Hello everyone,
Current Vehicle: 2018 4Runner TRD PRO (a week old)
Experience: NONE - Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers,
Hey from the Bay! Welcome to the group man and hopefully see ya around on the trails!

Reactions: sangster

Koby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bend, Or
Member #

Hello all, I'm Koby, member #8844. I just got my first truck about 6 weeks ago. I've been a gearhead my whole life, and have always loved the outdoors. Not sure why it took so long for me to put 2+2 (4x4) together :tearsofjoy:

Current vehicle: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition
Experience: less than none :grimacing:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all, I'm Koby, member #8844. I just got my first truck about 6 weeks ago. I've been a gearhead my whole life, and have always loved the outdoors. Not sure why it took so long for me to put 2+2 (4x4) together :tearsofjoy:

Current vehicle: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition
Experience: less than none :grimacing:

Hi Koby and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Koby

LiftedRevolution

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Woodburn, Oregon
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Konovalov
Member #

Hello, I'm Pete.
From the Willamette Valley, Oregon.
My current rig and daily driver is a 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited.
"Betty White" is lifted with an 2"/ 2 3/8" ADF lift and rocking Toyo all-terrains.
While she may not be a hardcore offroad vehicle, she works for most of what I need right now. More upgrades to come.
I have owned a few trucks, a rebadged Rodeo, a Suburban, so I have some experience, but need more. Lol

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, I'm Pete.
From the Willamette Valley, Oregon.
My current rig and daily driver is a 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited.
"Betty White" is lifted with an 2"/ 2 3/8" ADF lift and rocking Toyo all-terrains.
While she may not be a hardcore offroad vehicle, she works for most of what I need right now. More upgrades to come.
I have owned a few trucks, a rebadged Rodeo, a Suburban, so I have some experience, but need more. Lol
Hi Pete and welcome to OB! Nice looking Outback! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: LiftedRevolution