• HTML tutorial

0311Drez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Member #

Hello everyone,

First, I’m glad I finally pulled the trigger to join. I’ve been a fan of overland bound for a bit now. What got me to pull the trigger, I’m building my rig up now to get eventually drive all to Patagonia. This has been a dream of mine. About myself, I’m prior military with a really good knowledge of the outdoors, I have decent knowledge of recovery skills, but I need to build on my mechanic skill however. I’m located in New Mexico, however my employment keeps me out of the US most of the year. My rig, 2016 JKU Rubicon. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding and getting more knowledge to put to use on building my rig.

Reactions: Chadlyb

0311Drez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Member #

Hello everyone,

First, I’m glad I finally pulled the trigger to join. I’ve been a fan of overland bound for a bit now. What got me to pull the trigger, I’m building my rig up now to get eventually drive all to Patagonia. This has been a dream of mine. About myself, I’m prior military with a really good knowledge of the outdoors, I have decent knowledge of recovery skills, but I need to build on my mechanic skill however. I’m located in New Mexico, however my employment keeps me out of the US most of the year. My rig, 2016 JKU Rubicon. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding and getting more knowledge to put to use on building my rig.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone,

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..thank you for your service and sacrifice..

Rob K

Rank II

Advocate II

IMG_2334.jpg Hello from Long Island,
I've been following along on Instagram for the past few years and I've had a growing interest in Overlanding and camping ever since. Decided to finally become part of the online community here to hopefully learn some valuable information, gain some inspiration, and meet some good people as I push to get out there more and earn some experience outdoors.
1) Eastern Long Island, New York
2) 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ). Not a long distance traveler but she gets the job done.
3) Novice with only a few years of camping at the local campsites under my belt.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 40709 Hello from Long Island,
I've been following along on Instagram for the past few years and I've had a growing interest in Overlanding and camping ever since. Decided to finally become part of the online community here to hopefully learn some valuable information, gain some inspiration, and meet some good people as I push to get out there more and earn some experience outdoors.
2) 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ). Not a long distance traveler but she gets the job done.
3) Novice with only a few years of camping at the local campsites under my belt.
Hello Rob and welcome to the OB crew...glad your out of the shadows and on board...great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

HMF2018

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California Bay Area
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi there I am new to Overlanding but always loved the outdoors. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Rig is. 2018 4-Runner SR5. (Needed the 3rd row for the kids) it’s still stock but I am trying to learn as much as I can about mods so I can start taking the roads less traveled. If you know of any overlanding opportunities around here let me know.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi there I am new to Overlanding but always loved the outdoors. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Rig is. 2018 4-Runner SR5. (Needed the 3rd row for the kids) it’s still stock but I am trying to learn as much as I can about mods so I can start taking the roads less traveled. If you know of any overlanding opportunities around here let me know.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...glad to add another Toy to the group..your vehicle is very capable stock so don't get lost in all the mods and goodies...just get out and adventure with the family..look forward to seeing your adventures

Chris K

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingwood, TX
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ADD
18951125_10156304828091038_8163557693165746003_n.jpg Hello all !

I'm new to overlanding, but not to offroading. My rig is a 2014 Jeep JK Sport on 35's. Looking forward in meet y'all !!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

Hi 0311Drez and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 40709 Hello from Long Island,
Hi Rob and welcome to OB! Nice looking YJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

James IV

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all.
Just popping in to say hello. Currently living in San Diego, originally from Virginia. Been into the off-road thing for a while, and recently moved towards the longer trips and adventure side of things. I’m still getting my Tundra set up to take me where I want to go. I don’t have much extra cash, so I am building on a budget, and doing most of the work myself. I hope to get together with some of you soon.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all.
Just popping in to say hello. Currently living in San Diego, originally from Virginia. Been into the off-road thing for a while, and recently moved towards the longer trips and adventure side of things. I’m still getting my Tundra set up to take me where I want to go. I don’t have much extra cash, so I am building on a budget, and doing most of the work myself. I hope to get together with some of you soon.
Hi James and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tundra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all.
Hello James and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Guerrero

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Jose
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Guerrero
Member #

Old coast road in Big Sur is pretty good for stick vehicles, plus has some great views.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebeardedboomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fairwood Boulevard Northeast, Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652

2) San Jose, CA
3) 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Edt. Red
4) Coming from the off-roading scene, I've come to love more of the camping aspect of the adventure and would like to get back out into the wilds, driven by the recent passing of my grandfather. I've regret not remembering all of the spots, camping sites, and trails in his old US Forest Service patrol area. Coming here will very likely get Red more trail worthy and perhaps a few more additional people to go with beyond my current Subaru family. Looking forward to it all!

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

2) San Jose, CA
3) 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Edt. Red
4) Coming from the off-roading scene, I've come to love more of the camping aspect of the adventure and would like to get back out into the wilds, driven by the recent passing of my grandfather. I've regret not remembering all of the spots, camping sites, and trails in his old US Forest Service patrol area. Coming here will very likely get Red more trail worthy and perhaps a few more additional people to go with beyond my current Subaru family. Looking forward to it all!

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig..looking forward to seeing your adventures

thebeardedboomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fairwood Boulevard Northeast, Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig..looking forward to seeing your adventures
Its been a crazy ride so far, transforming Red from your typical looking Crosstrek to what she is now. All spawned by a mudding adventure and blowing out the passenger side underbody panels and the bumper cover.

I'm still finding collections of mud from that place.

Donnymcq

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hailey, Idaho
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.

Hello Everyone,
I finally decided I should join after following along on IG for awhile.
I live in Idaho and have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon. I guess I'm new to "overlanding" but I've been camping, four wheeling, backpacking etc. my whole life. My first vehicle was a 1951 Jeep CJ-3A and my current jeep makes a total of five Jeeps I've had. I'm slowly building the jeep as I find what I want/need. I've built the roof rack and bumper/tire carrier myself and am about ready to start the front bumper. So far I've added an Afe high tuck exhaust, and just a week ago installed the AEV 2.5" lift with Geometry correction brackets. For tires I put on 285/75r17 Falken Wildpeak AT's on factory wheels with no spacers (we'll see if I need to change that, so far just a very slight rub offroad).
I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community here.
DonnyIMG_0131.jpg