Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

New here but been around a while. I signed up as Toyfool but usually go by Greg.
We (boss and I) travel frequently and by many means: foot, moto, big truck (2003 Tundra - mine), little truck (5th gen T4R - hers), camper truck (3/4 ton with a Hallmark Ute slide-in pop-up - ours), tents - all Big Agnes. Yeah, we like to get out and frequently haul along mountain bikes and/or fly rods, and sometimes just a pair of boots and a backpack.
Live in central NM so options from here are plentiful. Most trips are short escapes to restore sanity. Longest and most invigorating trip so far has been the UTBDR by moto a couple of summers ago. Last trip was now 5 days ago poking around Muley Point and John's Canyon near Bluff, UT. Next trip is likely next weekend up to the Rio Grande del Norte NM to camp along the rim of the Rio Grande gorge and wrangle a few trout on a gorgeous New Mexican fall day.
My goal in being here is to hopefully learn from you all and even give back some where I can.
Cheers.
And here's us:
Hello, and welcome from Albuqu.....well, for you it's hello from Edgewood!

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hey Everyone,

My name is Josh and I do a lot of videography, photography, and drone operations.
I am located in southeastern Pennsylvania, right outside of Philadelphia.
I bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 10 months ago and I love it.

I have always been an outdoors kind of person, but never really knew the term overloading. I am excited to begin this journey
and explore the outdoors with my rig. View attachment 37673
Welcome to the club from Louisiana. Look forward to seeing some of your videos.

TxAg98

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Okinawa, Japan
Member #

Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself. Name is Matt, active duty Air Force currently stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa, Japan. Will be returning stateside in May '18 to most likely Oklahoma City, but hoping the assignment Gods smile on me and send me to Colorado Springs.

Just sold a '92 Land Cruiser 70 HZJ73 and took delivery of the current ride that I'll bring home in May. Its a May 1993 HDJ81. 157k km, 1HDT Turbo Diesel. No lockers, but it'll do.

Zero overlanding experience but look forward to branching out around OKC in all directions, baselining the rig, and meeting new people!

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
View attachment 37672
--Here she is at Mammoth Mountain

Currently in South Carolina
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Overlanding... I recently learned about this new term "overlanding" from a good friend in Las Vegas, NV when I saw his SAS Xterra with a RTT on it. After more questions and a few beers, I realized I needed to learn more about this lifestyle because it was...me. I've been hiking, backpacking, and camping for years... this is the next level!
Welcome from Louisiana. Be careful with overlanding there is no known cure once its in your system. Good luck in all your adventures.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself. Name is Matt, active duty Air Force currently stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa, Japan. Will be returning stateside in May '18 to most likely Oklahoma City, but hoping the assignment Gods smile on me and send me to Colorado Springs.

Just sold a '92 Land Cruiser 70 HZJ73 and took delivery of the current ride that I'll bring home in May. Its a May 1993 HDJ81. 157k km, 1HDT Turbo Diesel. No lockers, but it'll do.

Zero overlanding experience but look forward to branching out around OKC in all directions, baselining the rig, and meeting new people!

Hello Matt and welcome to the OB crew...good looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Thumpr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Member #

20170125_094540_resized.jpg Hey, everybody

My name is Jim, from Cave Creek, AZ just north of Phoenix.
I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

I retired a few months ago and bought the truck and started exploring the back country. I didn't even know that what I was doing had a name until I started watching overlanding videos on YouTube.

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

View attachment 37677 Hey, everybody

I retired a few months ago and bought the truck and started exploring the back country. I didn't even know that what I was doing had a name until I started watching overlanding videos on YouTube.
Hi Jim, nice looking Tacoma. Enjoy your retirement, and exploring trails.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hey Everyone,

My name is Josh and I do a lot of videography, photography, and drone operations.
I am located in southeastern Pennsylvania, right outside of Philadelphia.
I bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 10 months ago and I love it.

I have always been an outdoors kind of person, but never really knew the term overloading. I am excited to begin this journey
and explore the outdoors with my rig. View attachment 37673
Welcome Josh enjoy the show...nice rig too.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Welcome Jim from California !!

bmpytrk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

twin falls, Idaho
Member #

hello all from Southern Idaho

My name is Steve, I am a family guy with 4 boys and 1 little girl. I have doomed them all to a life of landcruisers. They all have pictures of the cruisers they want in their rooms and I am really gonna work on getting the Pink FJ40 for the little girl in 6 or 7 years. Right now we have a '96 FZJ80 and '90 Fj62. They are kinda rough but we take care of the stuff that keeps em going. I am also a scoutmaster and these rigs get us to and from all our monthly adventures. I quote one of the boys from our trip last weekend "why go to an amusement park when you could just do this" .

anyway, I'm looking forward to all I can learn here and getting to know the crowd.20170506_113503.jpg IMG_20161101_174905.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello from Boulder, CO
So looking forward to taking my long-time passion for "Car Camping" to the next level. Super interested in getting in on some extended Overland trips.
Happy to connect with you all!

My name is Steve, I am a family guy with 4 boys and 1 little girl. I have doomed them all to a life of landcruisers. They all have pictures of the cruisers they want in their rooms and I am really gonna work on getting the Pink FJ40 for the little girl in 6 or 7 years. Right now we have a '96 FZJ80 and '90 Fj62. They are kinda rough but we take care of the stuff that keeps em going. I am also a scoutmaster and these rigs get us to and from all our monthly adventures. I quote one of the boys from our trip last weekend "why go to an amusement park when you could just do this" .

anyway, I'm looking forward to all I can learn here and getting to know the crowd.View attachment 37685 View attachment 37686

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rigs and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

anyway, I'm looking forward to all I can learn here and getting to know the crowd.View attachment 37685 View attachment 37686
Welcome from California Steve, looks like you'll fit right in.

Justin Jawbreaker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Beautiful 80 series! And welcome!

Reactions: J Tosh Reed

Ivan Montano

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Playas de Rosarito, Mexico
Member #

Hi Ivan and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Hello jake,

You got it, actually this morning I am heading to south of Ensenada MX to have a small base camp with my family and friends. I will share some pictures afterwards. Also, here some pictures of my rig, i recently go it so it is still in process of becoming more overland capable.

Cheers!!
Ivan

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 1987 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 “Marceline”
Experience: Limited to leisure trips stateside for now. Gone some pretty cool places elsewhere for work in an LC though...

View attachment 37654
Hi Justin and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ60! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Justin Jawbreaker