Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Daniel Patton

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_0387.jpg I guess I should have started off here.

Dan Patton
Franklin, VA
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0PSD/new heads/H11 head studs/EGR delete/programed/190cc 30% injectors/68mm VGT(turbo)/regulated fuel return/4 inch straight pipe Basanti exhaust/water-methonal injection/gauges for EGT,Oil temp, tranny temp, boost, fuel pressure/Ranch Hand front end/Warn 10K synthetic/Aluminess rear with tire carrier and galley storage box(waiting on delivery)/Icon 5 inch/35 BFG KA2/ and still going!

Grew up outdoors and finding a way to get stuck. Now trying to take the family all over to see the things I've seen!

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome everyone! Really glad to see all the new check-ins! Let me know if there is anything you think would make the forums and community even better! We've got a thread for suggestions right over here! OB Forum Questions and Suggestions

Looking forward to sharing adventures and providing information to make it even easier to Outfit & Explore!

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Hey folks,

It feels as though i've stumbled upon quite possibly the greatest off road/camping/everything else i love website!

I have only started my build, making weekend trips to the local areas here to make better choices for the bigger ones to come. like any other guy i have big plans :-)

I am a member of a local group called BCOR "Brazoria County Off-road Recovery" we are a group of avid wheelerfolk and jeeple that just love using our rigs. What we do is recover people who are stuck FOR FREE. we use some discretion regarding illegal activities. check us out of Facebook if your in the area and need a tow, check the Brazoria county lines out on a map, if your in the zone we will come get you! if your not, but you close we have neighboring groups like us in the areas and will exercise our reach to extend any help we can in the successful recovery of your beloved investment.

the bronco is named Uncle Ruckus

Attachments

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello ....... , I cant say uncle Ruckus, as a car cant type talk or so.
But anyway, welcome here and I hope you have fun here.
Good work to recover people. Do you get stuck yourself then in times when nobody else is getting stucked? :tonguewink:

Greetings from Robert

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

View attachment 48 I guess I should have started off here.

Dan Patton
Franklin, VA
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0PSD/new heads/H11 head studs/EGR delete/programed/190cc 30% injectors/68mm VGT(turbo)/regulated fuel return/4 inch straight pipe Basanti exhaust/water-methonal injection/gauges for EGT,Oil temp, tranny temp, boost, fuel pressure/Ranch Hand front end/Warn 10K synthetic/Aluminess rear with tire carrier and galley storage box(waiting on delivery)/Icon 5 inch/35 BFG KA2/ and still going!

Grew up outdoors and finding a way to get stuck. Now trying to take the family all over to see the things I've seen!
i used to know a fella that made sway bar disconnects for those, they have good travel if you let em loose ! i bet even better with that icon lift (drool) i like their stuff

Reactions: SixOverland

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think it is hard to get it stuck. But like you said, one day.
I am getting stuck all the time. That is the faith of the front guy.
But then again. Were is the fun of a smooth ride. We need something to do.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We hello and welcome James.

Nice to know the driver instead of the Rig. hahaha.

Greetings from Robert

Last edited:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Hello All,

Been lurking here for a little while, didn't realize there was an introduction thread so I'll throw in.
I'm Dan, live in Torrance, CA., just south of LAX.
I've been overlanding back when they called it car-camping and it's still just as fun.
I've spent time in the desert down here, the mountains around Big Bear, southern Utah and most places in between, and ventured into Colorado a bit, moderately experienced.
I've owned my current rig for about 18 years now, it's a 1995 Toyota Landcruiser 80 series, poverty edition, no sunroof, no 3rd row seats, cloth, I love it.
I've done too many mods to list them all, but the main ones are the Supercharger (just turned 100K miles), OME lift, dual batteries, Auxiliary fuel tank, front/rear armor, winch, on-board air and I've spent more than a few nights out in it.
I've gone a little overboard with camping gear and I'm in the phase now where I'm trimming back to what I really need. It's tough.
Looking forward to hearing about trips, locations, gear, mods and experiences here.

Dan.Dan_AZ1.jpg

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello Everyone. Its great to see we have a place to introduce ourselves now.
My name is Joe.
My Location is St. Paul MN. Representing the Midwest!
I own a 1996 Black FZJ80.
I bought it in May of this year with 247K miles. (my First Land Cruiser)....
I started Baselining her shortly there after. All the usual stuff replaced. Fluids, filters, hoses, belts, new tires, added a CDL switch, etc. Added SmittyBilt Compressor, ARB recovery gear. Yakima Load Warrior roof rack.
First trip this summer, was to Custer State Park in South Dakata. Black Hills, Needles, Badlands, Crazy Horse Monument, and Devils tower.
Truck ran perfect with no issues other than a check engine light which was for a O2 sensor. got 13 MPG fully loaded.
Hope to meet lots of people interested in making this a good forum!

Attachments