Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good morning to all, I wish to introduce myself. I'm Roger 2486 based in Concord CA. My family and I try routinely to frequent the Sierra Foothill trails when time permits. We've been Jeeping with friends on-off for many years and have moderate experience; certainly not experts by any means and have made plenty of mistakes, which we've learned and grown from. My wife and I have been following the channel for sometime and look forward to spending time, meeting folks with similar interests and values. Overlanding appears to be the perfect fit for us as we enjoy camping, being away from life's busy distractions , etc. Current ride is a 1995 Jeep YJ Wrangler on 35's with RE 4 1/2 lift and plenty of upgrades-mods, but is kind of tight on space so we have a trailer for all our gear as well. Was built for the rocks in the beginning but interests and focus has changed. Hoping to upgrade to a JK or JL in the future but have my eye on a 1942 Willy's CJ2a field find at the moment. Looking forward to enjoying the camaraderie of others and beautiful scenery along the way. Thanks and best to all!
Great Jeep! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

ODLEO

Rank II

Contributor III

Arkansas
First Name
Wes
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Hi All,
I am new to the overland experience. Member # 25622 I live in Central Arkansas by way of Texas. My rig is a 1990 Jeep YJ that I just recently purchased.
Here is a pic of my rig, she is a work in progress
20200808_083049.jpg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi All,
I am new to the overland experience. Member # 25622 I live in Central Arkansas by way of Texas. My rig is a 1990 Jeep YJ that I just recently purchased.
View attachment 169073
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Wes!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi i am Gloin and from denmark. i have a nissan patrol 2.8 gr y61 from 1998.
i youse it every day and i am on tur every week end year aroundView attachment 168801
Hello Gloin,

Welcome here.
Together with @Sven I hope tyo help you around here in OB.
We also do have a FB page Log into Facebook | Facebook
And a informal Whatsapp group. Europe Overland Bound

So join us there as well and keep informed of everything we are doing.
Hope to see you on a trip, track or meet up.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Sven and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
View attachment 169073
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you in Arkansas for local information is @BlueLineOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here - Jay Foster
Current vehicle - 2015 Ford F250
"Fredneck", Maryland
Been overlanding since I bought my first vehicle, a new 1979 Dodge 1/2 ton truck, which was a big step up from those canvas Boy Scout tents.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

RedHat90

Rank I

Member I

Ohio
First Name
Mike
Last Name
H
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Mike and after numerous delays on my 4x6 trailer build, its looking like ill have all my parts and can do a test run in the coming weeks. So I figured this is good as time as ever to officially join OB.

Experience with overlanding is non-existent however I'm a seasoned backpacker who is tired of sleeping on the ground. Ill be using my new stock TRD OFF Road for most trips. No major modifications in the future since its my daily for now.

Attachments

GarrettKai

Rank III

Contributor III

Dublin, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yoyo everyone! Garrett here and I am brand new to the Toyota family with my FZJ80. Excited to start hitting some trails when things start opening up but in the mean time time to start working on my stock baby.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yoyo everyone! Garrett here and I am brand new to the Toyota family with my FZJ80. Excited to start hitting some trails when things start opening up but in the mean time time to start working on my stock baby.
Welcome to Overland Bound Garrett.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a meet-up you might be interested in, it is very close to your location and a great group of people.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 169164
Hello Everyone! Brian here member #25451. My wife Samantha and I just started overlanding. We have this, currently stock 2009 Lexus GX470. We have lots plans for her. We are in Lexington, Kentucky.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brian & Samantha.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors, @James.Laidlaw, @Ohio Valley Overland.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Wander With Us

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

My name is Mike and after numerous delays on my 4x6 trailer build, its looking like ill have all my parts and can do a test run in the coming weeks. So I figured this is good as time as ever to officially join OB.

Experience with overlanding is non-existent however I'm a seasoned backpacker who is tired of sleeping on the ground. Ill be using my new stock TRD OFF Road for most trips. No major modifications in the future since its my daily for now.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: RedHat90

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Nice you got the hard to find Z version! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

stevavrek

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cleveland, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Vavrek
Member #

Howdy!
I'm Steve, out of Cleveland Ohio. Rig is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Manual trans. Just lifted it yesterday after purchasing off the lease. It's been off road a ton while leasing but now it's on to more serious ventures. A friend of mine and I run Tri State Overland and try to get out 1-2 times a month everywhere on the east side of the Mississippi, as we're based out of Ohio, PA and NY. Currently, the truck sits on a Dobinson's 3.5" front/3" rear lift and 33" Cooper ST MAXX tires, factory rims still because I like them. My experience is mostly local off road parks and easier stuff but now that the truck isn't a lease, I plan to tackle much more. This weekend, we're running DBBB and next year I have plans to travel out west to Colorado and Utah, maybe some California trips.

thumbnail_IMG_3356.jpg

cjfisher84

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fisher
Hello, I am new here just bought a 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road Prem. I live in Wilmington NC and looking forward to exploring the coast here and further afield to the mountains. Also, just relocated from Scotland :-)

1599151018557.png

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

AEuropa

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Bozeman, MT, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Europa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9ALE
Hi all! I’m Alex and I live in Bozeman, MT. I’m new to Overlanding. I have a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro w/ a Skycamp Mini RTT. I’ve been an avid hiker/backpacker for years, and I started overlanding to give myself opportunities to explore deeper and farther into the backcountry. I’m a Wilderness EMT and plan to join the county’s volunteer Search and Rescue team as soon as they start accepting new applicants (currently on hold due to COVID). I’m also General HAM (callsign K9ALE).

PS: My dog’s name is Abba, she’s a retired Military Working Dog who is finally figuring out how to be a pet. :laughing:

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R