Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, all! I've been around for a little bit, but have yet to introduce myself. Better late than never, I suppose. :smile:

1) See the attached picture of my rig! She's pretty stock at the moment, but I have tons of mods planned for her. I'm still in awe of what she is capable of. The picture is from this past Memorial Day Weekend on the Cascade Creek trail near Mount Evans.
2) I re-located to Boulder from Raleigh, North Carolina almost two months ago (yes, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic); I'm glad I'm finally settling in in Colorado!
3) I have a white 2017 Toyota 4Runner (TRD Pro) that I purchased back in February '20. I've always been a huge 4Runner fan, and I am glad I finally got one for all of my future adventures.
4) I am an overlanding newbie! I'm excited to be here and part of this community.

View attachment 156088
Welcome to Overland Bound Laura.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is
@Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

TRLWANDR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lodi, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi Everyone! My wife and I are experienced campers and have been overlanding off & on since 2014. We have taken a break the last couple years besides the occasional day trip and are starting to feel the itch again! Our rig is a 2004 4Runner with some upgrades and we are looking to outfitting it more, maybe even taking a trip to Expo West??? Excited to get involved with the OB community and meet some new people in our area!IMAG0580.jpg

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi, all! I've been around for a little bit, but have yet to introduce myself. Better late than never, I suppose. :smile:

1) See the attached picture of my rig! She's pretty stock at the moment, but I have tons of mods planned for her. I'm still in awe of what she is capable of. The picture is from this past Memorial Day Weekend on the Cascade Creek trail near Mount Evans.
2) I re-located to Boulder from Raleigh, North Carolina almost two months ago (yes, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic); I'm glad I'm finally settling in in Colorado!
3) I have a white 2017 Toyota 4Runner (TRD Pro) that I purchased back in February '20. I've always been a huge 4Runner fan, and I am glad I finally got one for all of my future adventures.
4) I am an overlanding newbie! I'm excited to be here and part of this community.
Welcome Laura!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals and get connected:

Also, check out upcoming events:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! My wife and I are experienced campers and have been overlanding off & on since 2014. We have taken a break the last couple years besides the occasional day trip and are starting to feel the itch again! Our rig is a 2004 4Runner with some upgrades and we are looking to outfitting it more, maybe even taking a trip to Expo West??? Excited to get involved with the OB community and meet some new people in our area!View attachment 156104
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
There are several local meet-ups in your area, if your interested just use the forum link below to make contact.
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -BACK ON, With Social Distancing
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: TRLWANDR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to being involved in this community and learning more. :grinning:

Agua Fria, AZ

View attachment 156103
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Everyone! My wife and I are experienced campers and have been overlanding off & on since 2014. We have taken a break the last couple years besides the occasional day trip and are starting to feel the itch again! Our rig is a 2004 4Runner with some upgrades and we are looking to outfitting it more, maybe even taking a trip to Expo West??? Excited to get involved with the OB community and meet some new people in our area!View attachment 156104
Nice rig!
Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be June 21st, HOPEFULLY in person!

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: TRLWANDR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all! My name is Doug and my wife is Tracie.
We are from Redmond Oregon!
Our rig is a 2018 Tacoma Off Road
We are novices to overlapping but excited for new adventures and advice!!!!
View attachment 156236
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug & Tracie
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Elaine (@Roaming Huck ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Prior to the pandemic we had a fairly regular meet up in Gilbert, so once we are "ungrounded" keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

DouglasParkinson

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Parkinson
Member #

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone. I am a new member from Manitoba Canada. Have been following along via YouTube for the past couple of years. I have camping experience however just getting started in Overlanding. Slowly starting my first Rig build and look forward to learning from everyone’s experiences.
2011 Land Rover LR4
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Overlanding Experience: Novice

Hi everyone! We’re Carlos and Filipa, and we were stung by the overlanding bug a couple of years ago.
We’re from Portugal, lived in Germany for a few years, and moved the beautiful Pacific Northwest four years ago. Adventure and exploring have always been at the core of everything we do, and our first multi-week roadtrip down Hwy 101 on a rental RV was one of those “a-ha” moments - we instantly knew we wanted (needed!) more.

That led us to the discovery of overlanding, to getting a vehicle that we’re slowly but steadily upgrading to meet our needs, and to many day/weekend/longer trips into the otherworldly beauty of the wild northwest. Overlanding turned out to be the perfect complement to some of our other passions - traveling, camping, hiking, climbing, photography - and the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle.

View attachment 155721
Hello Carlos and Filipa, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!

Joining from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (Sammamish/Redmond area). Experienced campers, but novice to the overlanding scene. We got interested in overlanding by watching channels such as Lifestyle Overland and Overland Bound (Overland Bound is the reason we got the Gazelle tent). Our off-road worthy Escapod Topo teardrop trailer is ready to take on more challenging adventures, but it is a bit held back by our Subaru Ascent. It will never be a rock crawler, but a lift kit and different tires are on the wish list so that we can explore even more of the beautiful PNW.

Cheers!

View attachment 155719 View attachment 155720
Hello Remco, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good evening, and happy Memorial Day! I go by Merritt, and have been camping/hiking for as long as I can remember. Thanks to marriage and the addition of three kids I’ve had to resort to a means of expediting our adventures, and that’s where overlanding comes in. We’re in north Georgia, driving a 2006 LR3 paired with a homemade 4x6 trailer for hauling most of our gear and kayaks. Looking forward to making memories and traditions with my family that can be passed on to the next generations.
Hello Merritt, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone! We're Jody and Patricia! We've got a '18 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X! We are in the beginning stages of building out our rig, but that isn't stopping us from getting out there. We've done tons of backpacking and camping and now we're breaking into overlanding. Been trolling this site for quite some time, even before we had the rig, now we're both feet in!
Hello Jody and Patricia, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: TRLWANDR and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone! Just joined up after catching a few awesome videos on YouTube. I don't have a rig yet, I'm currently shopping but will most likely be waiting until late summer/early fall to buy. Looking at the Tacoma Off-road. I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler a long time ago and loved it. Right now I'm driving a Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T but I miss being able to hit up trails and get out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the Philly burbs, not too far from King of Prussia. Really looking forward to checking out the community and getting out more with my family (wife and 2 boys).

Cheers!
Hello Keith, welcome to the OB community.