Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado and am super SUPER new to overlanding, in fact my first trip is actually supposed to be in August and I am looking for some help building my rig... I'm starting from stock (aside from aftermarket trailering system). I'm hoping for some advice from other Silverado drivers on what type of lift/suspension upgrades to go with, semi-enclosed racks, engine or gear upgrades, etc... Thank you in advance!
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB community. Nice to have another Silverado as part of the crew, but mine is a 1988 so I can't help with any of your questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone, Bryan here. I’ve got a 2016 Toyota Tacoma that’s an overbuilt mall crawler at this point and I’m looking to get into the overlanding game. I love camping and I love my truck so I look forward to getting the ice and the dogs out camping together. I’m in the eastern NC area and once these travel restrictions are lifted I’m hoping to go east for some beach camping and west or north for the mountains. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone!
Hello Bryan, welcome to the OB community.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey Everyone!
My name is James and I’ve been overlanding for a few years now. Started with a 17 Tacoma and upgraded pretty quickly after that to my
Ram 2500 CTD. Really just needed the extra space. The power is addictive too, just sayin

I’m based out of Mansfield TX, just south of Dallas/Ft Worth. I love going up into Oklahoma to explore but New Mexico is on my short list of places to visit.

Truck mods for those who care:
Thuren Fab level with fox shocks and track bar
35” tires on 17” method wheels
Diamond back cover with front runner track/rack
CVT RTT
68 gallon aux diesel tank from attatank
Baja Designs fog kit and BD a-pillar lights.
Aev SPod setup
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, Squattro here!

Current Vehicle: 2006 LR3
Other Vehicle: 2012 Audi S4
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? I'm getting ready to go out of the country for work later this year and looking for a new hobby to help with relaxation and such. I always enjoyed camping, so why not add to that!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
When you go out of the country you can use the member map to find other Overland Bound Members if you are intersted.
The closest Member Representative to you is @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!
My name is James and I’ve been overlanding for a few years now. Started with a 17 Tacoma and upgraded pretty quickly after that to my
Ram 2500 CTD. Really just needed the extra space. The power is addictive too, just sayin

I’m based out of Mansfield TX, just south of Dallas/Ft Worth. I love going up into Oklahoma to explore but New Mexico is on my short list of places to visit.

Truck mods for those who care:
Thuren Fab level with fox shocks and track bar
35” tires on 17” method wheels
Diamond back cover with front runner track/rack
CVT RTT
68 gallon aux diesel tank from attatank
Baja Designs fog kit and BD a-pillar lights.
Aev SPod setup
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is an occasional meet-up in the DFW area that Prerunner can help you get in touch with if your interested in.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. New to overland camping but a vet camper/hiker and married to a formally educated Naturalist/Park Ranger so hopefully this is just an extension of our comfort zone. Our goal is to take short (1-ish week trips) in the short term and longer adventures at some point in the future.

I hope to find overland advice, information, inspiration and maybe even make a few friends along the way.

The truck is just getting into shape but I hope it will be a solid and capable platform for future adventure and discovery.

View attachment 155545
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi gang,

I just moved to Vancouver, BC by driving my Wrangler across Canada and now that I'm settled in, I'm starting to look for my community to go overlanding with. I have lots of experience tooling around the deserts of California, and looking for a crew to explore BC with.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado and am super SUPER new to overlanding, in fact my first trip is actually supposed to be in August and I am looking for some help building my rig... I'm starting from stock (aside from aftermarket trailering system). I'm hoping for some advice from other Silverado drivers on what type of lift/suspension upgrades to go with, semi-enclosed racks, engine or gear upgrades, etc... Thank you in advance!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, Bryan here. I’ve got a 2016 Toyota Tacoma that’s an overbuilt mall crawler at this point and I’m looking to get into the overlanding game. I love camping and I love my truck so I look forward to getting the ice and the dogs out camping together. I’m in the eastern NC area and once these travel restrictions are lifted I’m hoping to go east for some beach camping and west or north for the mountains. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone!
Welcome To Overland Bound Bryan.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Became a member yesterday. I have 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I live in southern California. Look forward to the great content and resources on this site.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

MB Overlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Brandon, MB, Canada
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Hi Everyone. I am a new member from Manitoba Canada. Have been following along via YouTube for the past couple of years. I have camping experience however just getting started in Overlanding. Slowly starting my first Rig build and look forward to learning from everyone’s experiences.
2011 Land Rover LR4

HairyDimples

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Weischedel
Member #

Hello everyone. Travis here from Bellingham, WA. I have spent a lot of time in the woods. Until recently, a pickup has always simply been a way to haul your gear in/out. A couple years ago a good friend introduced me to the concept of Overland travel. Because of that, I have seen more new ground in the past couple years than the 10+ prior to that. So far, in addition to a ton of day trips and base camp trips, we have traveled the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Conconully to Canada with a return via Canada and an epic WA, OR, ID, WY, CO, MT, Yellowstone road trip. If the COVID conditions allow it, we have WABDR Conconully to Ellensburg planned for June and a northern BC trip planned for July/August. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

View attachment 155345
Hi Travis,

Sweet Ram! I live in the Redmond, Wa, but sadly don't have my own rig yet, but hopefully in the next few months I can get something. I would love to see and hear more about all the trails in the PNW. I would love to do the WABDR in the near future.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

HairyDimples

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Weischedel
Member #

South East Tennessee here. Excited to be on board! Just starting out, well kind of. I've been around outdoors and camping and off-roading for many years, I guess before the term Overlanding was coined, we just went. Thanks for having me and my family!

Lloyd aka Frogg and Angie aka Wildcat. We have two children ages 15 and 8.

The Family ride! 2019 T4r TRD ORP. Suspension upgrades in the garage and coming...update once installed. Waiting on my tire decision. I can't make up my mind between AT or MT for the Family ride. Those dunflops gotta go!!

Maiden voyage to Gauley River Area, WV.

View attachment 155281View attachment 155284View attachment 155285

We got the rack and the RTT installed and had the maiden sleep in the back forty due to quarantine closures!

View attachment 155289

The "other ride". My baby!
87 SR5 Local Sunday drive in the Cherokee NF, Chilhowee Mtn in TN.

View attachment 155290
Hi Lloyd,

Sweet rigs! Love that old 4Runner! Welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

destinationdenmans

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Patricia
Last Name
Denman
Member #

Hey Everyone! We're Jody and Patricia! We've got a '18 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X! We are in the beginning stages of building out our rig, but that isn't stopping us from getting out there. We've done tons of backpacking and camping and now we're breaking into overlanding. Been trolling this site for quite some time, even before we had the rig, now we're both feet in!

Attachments

RMerritt_AF

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Canton, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Merritt
Member #

Good evening, and happy Memorial Day! I go by Merritt, and have been camping/hiking for as long as I can remember. Thanks to marriage and the addition of three kids I’ve had to resort to a means of expediting our adventures, and that’s where overlanding comes in. We’re in north Georgia, driving a 2006 LR3 paired with a homemade 4x6 trailer for hauling most of our gear and kayaks. Looking forward to making memories and traditions with my family that can be passed on to the next generations.

FreLardian

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indian Land, SC, USA
First Name
Remco
Last Name
Stroeken
Member #

Hi everyone!

Joining from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (Sammamish/Redmond area). Experienced campers, but novice to the overlanding scene. We got interested in overlanding by watching channels such as Lifestyle Overland and Overland Bound (Overland Bound is the reason we got the Gazelle tent). Our off-road worthy Escapod Topo teardrop trailer is ready to take on more challenging adventures, but it is a bit held back by our Subaru Ascent. It will never be a rock crawler, but a lift kit and different tires are on the wish list so that we can explore even more of the beautiful PNW.

Cheers!

_v2.jpg IMG_20190622_122140.jpg

PT2PNW

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Costa
Member #

Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Overlanding Experience: Novice

Hi everyone! We’re Carlos and Filipa, and we were stung by the overlanding bug a couple of years ago.
We’re from Portugal, lived in Germany for a few years, and moved the beautiful Pacific Northwest four years ago. Adventure and exploring have always been at the core of everything we do, and our first multi-week roadtrip down Hwy 101 on a rental RV was one of those “a-ha” moments - we instantly knew we wanted (needed!) more.

That led us to the discovery of overlanding, to getting a vehicle that we’re slowly but steadily upgrading to meet our needs, and to many day/weekend/longer trips into the otherworldly beauty of the wild northwest. Overlanding turned out to be the perfect complement to some of our other passions - traveling, camping, hiking, climbing, photography - and the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle.

0E8FAA93-711D-4819-9204-A72DCC01E56D.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi gang,

I just moved to Vancouver, BC by driving my Wrangler across Canada and now that I'm settled in, I'm starting to look for my community to go overlanding with. I have lots of experience tooling around the deserts of California, and looking for a crew to explore BC with.
Welcome Talesh ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone!

Joining from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (Sammamish/Redmond area). Experienced campers, but novice to the overlanding scene. We got interested in overlanding by watching channels such as Lifestyle Overland and Overland Bound (Overland Bound is the reason we got the Gazelle tent). Our off-road worthy Escapod Topo teardrop trailer is ready to take on more challenging adventures, but it is a bit held back by our Subaru Ascent. It will never be a rock crawler, but a lift kit and different tires are on the wish list so that we can explore even more of the beautiful PNW.

Cheers!

View attachment 155719 View attachment 155720
Welcome Remco ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound