Monticello, Arkansas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hollis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke5hqt
Hi, My name is Michael and I'm from Southeast Arkansas. I just bought a low mileage 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JK. I have been holding on to the Overland Bound badge for sometime now, I have a 4wheel drive to put it on. My overlanding experience is at a novice level.

Overland Geezer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southington, Connecticut, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Max
Member #

Hi everybody. Max here.

Vehicle: 2015 Xterra PRO-4X, 100% stock at the moment, so I don't consider it a "rig" yet.
Outdoors experience: Backpacking, white-water canoeing, winter mountaineering.
Off-road experience: Northern New England/New York in a 1972 Land Cruiser FJ40 in the 1970's.

I'm just starting overland camping and getting geared up for some long distance trips in 2020. Had a blast at Expo East. I want more of this!

Ketch

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Valencia, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ketchepaw
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I am really excited to start our adventures. I bought this pickup so my son (8yr old) and daughter (2yr old) can go enjoy some off-road adventures. It’s a 2019 Tacoma TRD off-road. In my younger years I did a lot of off-roading in Oregon. Mostly mudding with an 82 Chevy shortbed with a big V8. The Tacoma will be a bit different lol. No upgrades yet because I want to take it out and see what I Need as opposed to what I want. So far it looks like rock sliders and better skid plates. Anyways, we are happy to be a part of this group and look forward to some great adventures!!! C U on the trails!
PS: we live in Valencia, Ca. and this pic was taken at Drinkwater Flats in SCV.
7569C880-217F-43E1-A967-D8884730D447.jpeg

Super Sloth Six

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Magnolia, TX, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Salinas
Member #

Nice looking rig you have there.

It sounds like you have all the basic camping stuff covered already and your truck is already very off road capable.

What do you feel is lacking? Recovery? Storage? Navigation?
Even though it is Pro I am still concerned about the suspension on more difficult trails and adding weight. First is going to be recovery. Storage I can build.

Reactions: Kent R

Super Sloth Six

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Magnolia, TX, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Salinas
Member #

Nice looking rig you have there.

It sounds like you have all the basic camping stuff covered already and your truck is already very off road capable.

What do you feel is lacking? Recovery? Storage? Navigation?
And some lights for sure! High and low beams replaced last week to HID AND LED.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bend, Oregon
I've got a 2005 Toyota 4runner, nothing crazy but it gets me everywhere I want to go!
I'd say im an intermediate overlander, Ive been offroading for 15 years and gotten stuck plenty of times in a 2wd stock Ranger in high school, so i'm pretty versed in what not to do. :tearsofjoy:
pnwrichome,
Just want to extend a welcome to you. Any information or help just ask, if It is something I can do I will. By the way, take time to reach out to @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli. They are from the PDX area. You might look up Members in your area in our Overland Bound Members Map. I have and run my 99’ T4R! Vance.

JEFFKISTHENAME

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kongpachit
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Finally became an “Official” member with a number! OB Member 19653 checking in!

Name: Jeff
Rig: 2016 Lexus GX460

Attachments

Olaf Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Olaf
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Hi Overlanders! I'm Olaf from Fresno, California. I love spending time outside, gardening, fishing, hiking, kayaking, camping, rv-ing and of course overlanding, off-roading and traveling.
Rig: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2013 Trail Teams, no mods so far but working on it.
I have gone on some trails but am rather new to off-roading. My usual set-up is a travel trailer @ base camp and going on daytrips to explore from there. Next addition will be a roof top tent.
IMG_20170912_203309.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Overlanders! I'm Olaf from Fresno, California. I love spending time outside, gardening, fishing, hiking, kayaking, camping, rv-ing and of course overlanding, off-roading and traveling.
Rig: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2013 Trail Teams, no mods so far but working on it.
I have gone on some trails but am rather new to off-roading. My usual set-up is a travel trailer @ base camp and going on daytrips to explore from there. Next addition will be a roof top tent.
View attachment 123856
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @TOMB, Tom can give you information on the Fresno Meet-up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is josh
Ride: 2019 Toyota 4Runner orp ikamper roof top tent victory rack arb dual compressor under the hood batwing 270 awning.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay. There is a San Diego meet-up, contact Barclay for more information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally became an “Official” member with a number! OB Member 19653 checking in!

Name: Jeff
Rig: 2016 Lexus GX460

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area, contact @PapaDave for more info.
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Reactions: PapaDave

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi, My name is Michael and I'm from Southeast Arkansas. I just bought a low mileage 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JK. I have been holding on to the Overland Bound badge for sometime now, I have a 4wheel drive to put it on. My overlanding experience is at a novice level.
Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

I am really excited to start our adventures. I bought this pickup so my son (8yr old) and daughter (2yr old) can go enjoy some off-road adventures. It’s a 2019 Tacoma TRD off-road. In my younger years I did a lot of off-roading in Oregon. Mostly mudding with an 82 Chevy shortbed with a big V8. The Tacoma will be a bit different lol. No upgrades yet because I want to take it out and see what I Need as opposed to what I want. So far it looks like rock sliders and better skid plates. Anyways, we are happy to be a part of this group and look forward to some great adventures!!! C U on the trails!
PS: we live in Valencia, Ca. and this pic was taken at Drinkwater Flats in SCV.
View attachment 123800

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: Ketch

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody. Max here.

Vehicle: 2015 Xterra PRO-4X, 100% stock at the moment, so I don't consider it a "rig" yet.
Outdoors experience: Backpacking, white-water canoeing, winter mountaineering.
Off-road experience: Northern New England/New York in a 1972 Land Cruiser FJ40 in the 1970's.

I'm just starting overland camping and getting geared up for some long distance trips in 2020. Had a blast at Expo East. I want more of this!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.