Camarillo, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Schwarm
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6RFI
Hello all, I'm Eric and am based in Loveland, Colorado. After watching a lot of Overland Bound videos on YouTube it was finally time to take the plunge and enroll as a member. My interest in overlanding is inspired by decades of thinking "I wonder where that road goes?" Goals include learning where those roads go, shooting landscape photos, playing with ham radios in the middle of nowhere, and enjoying the simplicity of getting away from it all with friends. I've had a variety of 4x4 buggies but am actually between trail rigs at the moment. My little Subaru CrossTrek is my commuter car, but I have my sites on building up a classic Jeep Cherokee or something similar.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Hey everyone! Excited to be here. My name is Matt and I'm currently living north of Atlanta, Georgia.
My vehicle is a 2017 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Leveling kit and a ARE cap with a yakima roof rack are the only non-stock things added.
Have off-roaded a bit before and have backpack-camped quite a lot...but as far as traveling/camping based out of my vehicle...only one trip, and it was just last month! But it was a blast for me, my wife and my 4 year old son and we are hooked. Look forward to learning how to get my family out into adventures and into nature more often.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Howdy. My name is Patt
I am so new to this Ithe adventure is on layaway still.
I am planning to get out there in a new(ish) wrangler this spring after I save up to not have a payment. I will have to make payments on a skottle though
I am in Puyallup, WA for now.
Welcome Patt! I'm up North (Whidbey Island). Jeeps are good vehicles, are you thinking 2door or 4door?

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All I am from Washington State and Just Joined the Group. Hoping to meet others in Washington State. I am a Novice in Overlanding. I have a Toyota FJ Cruiser and A Toyota Tundra. View attachment 124004
Welcome Wakebaby1! I'm up North a ways (Whidbey island). Snohomish us a great starting place for adventures! Tundras and FJs are great bases. Excited to see what you do with them!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Shane Oakley

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hillsborough, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Oakley
Member #

Hello All! Excited to be a member! I look forward to connecting!

My operating base is in Hillsborough North Carolina
My current rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. Completely factory except for the K02's... :) I ordered it with the 6 speed manual transmission. Love it but miss my FJ80...
My Overlanding experience is I have been camping since I was a child with my family. I have been off roading for most of my driving life as well and I'm old... (45) I would say that I am a solid Novice. Ha!

Cheers!!
Make it OFFICIAL!!

Attachments

Wildfirecic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Gerrish
Hello All. Name is Steve from Az. Lve taking roadtrips and driving on roads less travel and exploring. used to own a 1996 jeep xj. Now my main overland vehicle is my wifes 2016 jk with a rock crawler suspension lift and 35"s. Still got about 20mpgs on the way to Taos NM a few months ago. Currently trying to decide if I want to build another Xj or build a Forester.... hope to learn and find some new roads to explore!

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Hi all, Matt here from the west coast of Canada. Just joined up, but my wife and I have loved off roading in our 2016 Range Rover Sport for several years now. We have done cross country but our favourite area is the US Southwest. This year we had a blast on the White Rim Road in Canyonlands NP (photo). We have just ordered an Off Grid Pando 2.0 trailer and look forward to many years of exploring the backcountry in style. Previously we slept in the back of the RR, which was doable but tight! We hope to meet up with other like minded soles and I think this is a great place to start.190527_Southwest_057.jpg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@Michael Hollis), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham. Feel free to join our weekly Echolink net on Friday evenings.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Don't worry if you don't have an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater capabilities, many of us use the Echolink app.
If you use an Android device and assistance with Echolink, hopefully this will help: Echolink App (Android)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Rob (@Fretz), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you around NW OKC on occasion.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Lugnut

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NJ/VT
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Seidel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB2FCC
Hey all. Adam and I guess Im the most current FNG (sure that will change momentarily). Based out of NJ, but my family has had a place in Southern VT, just outside Manchester, since I was a kid. My wife, and now new son, are up there 2 weekends a month, along with our yellow Lab.

Just picked up a 2019 Ford Expedition FX4 longbody, so won't be doing anything super technical, but I got room to spare :) Ton's of experience riding the trails of VT on snowmobiles for the past 25 years or so. Some quads too.