South Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
Darin
Last Name
Maxwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VAD
Need some help locating a good honest mechanic in the Mesa Arizona area. Looking to buy a vehicle and need someone to look it over before we put down our hard earned money.
Thanks for any help....

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
What kind of vehicle is it? I don't know of any mobile guys who can look over a vehicle for you, buy there are plenty of people who are on forums that own a vehicle like yours that can be of more help than a generic auto guy.

darin.explore

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
Darin
Last Name
Maxwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VAD
We are looking at a Ford van to use for camping an adventure trips. We don't need a mobile service, we can drive it to a shop for them to look it over.

Reactions: Graeman

Jeep jeeep

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Need some help locating a good honest mechanic in the Mesa Arizona area. Looking to buy a vehicle and need someone to look it over before we put down our hard earned money.
Thanks for any help....
I know this is way after the fact but, McKay's auto in Mesa is the place to go. It's so hard to find a honest shop anymore but AJ lives on his reputation. I drive from surprise for oil changes if that says anything.

linoidfinish

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Yang
Member #

A bit late to the party, but I'll post it in case anyone else is looking. Weston Dahn in Mesa has been a great asset in helping me find the right vehicle. I've been very impressed with his knowledge and expertise. When I called him to ask a few questions about a Tacoma I was looking at, he immediately went into what he knew about them; things to watch out for, recalls, etc. I took that truck and later another in for PPI's. He runs the garage just by himself and gets more than enough business by referrals, so you won't find much of an online presence. You can reach him by phone at 480 786 0187.