Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Some people have to worry/ plan for children when they go out into the wild, I worry about my pup. Like the title says, not a normal thing you might think of but I have read horror stories about dog's paws getting destroyed by nature. Also refusing to go outside because the ground was too cold/hot and this would of been a huge bummer for us since it was a family trip.

Brand: Good2GO
Place of Purchase: Unleashed (Petco)
Price: $30
Review: We got the XL and they fit, but they did not stay on. Our main concern was, because he is a bulldog, is he prone to every kind of medical issue possible. We also wanted him to join us on walks and as you can see below, he begins to trip over himself. Once we got to the snow, things only got worse. No matter how tight the straps were, when he would start to walk they would slide off.

Ending: In the end we took them off and he was as happy as can be. We took extra care to clean out his paws and make sure they were dry. The cold didn't seem to bother him so everything turned out for the best.

And yes, my dog has an instagram account. We used it just to consolidate photos but now the internet is doing its thing with it.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

My Catahoula can't hold still long enough to put them on, and would chew them to shreds.

He's just the weirdest dog I've ever had.

Looks good on a bulldog, though....

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

They looked good, but didn't work well. HAHA, we ended up taking some photos for the "cute" factor and then ended the torture and let him run free.

Reactions: Sean S and Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

take some of your wifes ehhh gurtethingy belts and make them acros his shoulderst. That should do the trick.
And maybe he will find even more followers on instagram.
I tried such with my dog. He didnt even move.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: murps

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

My Catahoula can't hold still long enough to put them on, and would chew them to shreds.

He's just the weirdest dog I've ever had.

Looks good on a bulldog, though....
Catahoulas aren't dogs, they're demons shaped like dogs.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Catahoulas aren't dogs, they're demons shaped like dogs.

NOW you tell me..... We've had Shar Pei's for years, many generations, and they are the easiest dogs ever for home protection, loyalty, etc, but wanted something more "outdoorsy" to take to the woods. He's GREAT for that but is a wrecking ball in the house.

He lives outdoors, mostly......

Reactions: murps

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I had a 'houla/black lab mix. Maybe it was the lab in him making him kookoonutz but the 'houla made him downright evil.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Our dogs use the same boots that the sled dogs use. They are inexpensive and work amazing! Ordered them from dogbooties.com. They hold on with Velcro and won't spin or fall off. They are very durable and made from thick cordura material. The ruffwear snow boots dont stay on because they go to high up the leg, which tends to slip because of the weight and increased movement occurring. The intermediate boots they have stay on better but are still pretty pricey. Our dogs have an IG page as well and you can follow them at Dakine and Denali Adventures. We have a video using the sled dog boots posted. After a couple of minutes, our dogs didn't notice they had boots on.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: AKBushDag

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

Our dogs use the same boots that the sled dogs use. They are inexpensive and work amazing! Ordered them from dogbooties.com. They hold on with Velcro and won't spin or fall off. They are very durable and made from thick cordura material. The ruffwear snow boots dont stay on because they go to high up the leg, which tends to slip because of the weight and increased movement occurring. The intermediate boots they have stay on better but are still pretty pricey. Our dogs have an IG page as well and you can follow them at Dakine and Denali Adventures. We have a video using the sled dog boots posted. After a couple of minutes, our dogs didn't notice they had boots on.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Great Tip on the weblink. I've been disappointed with the Ruff Wear booties as well.

Last edited: