Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
It has been hinted in this thread but I will come out and say that none of these are "Bridging Ladders" or such.
These are "flotation boards" that give you some traction in sand/mud/snow by creating a gripping surface and a grade to come UP out of the hole you are in.
A "Bridging Ladder" which is what you use to go across some gap that would swallow your tire is a completely different thing.
If you watch the old Camel Trophy videos on YouTube you will see actual ladder looking things on top of some rigs and then some Marston matt or PSP (perf steel planks) that were left over from the war days and used like traction boards for mud or put over the bridging ladders sometimes to create a bridge.

I have seen few test of any products that would be useful to go up some boulder or cover a gap. That said I have used my MaxTrax with rock stacks to make a supported traction board which is like a bridging ladder.

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
It has been hinted in this thread but I will come out and say that none of these are "Bridging Ladders" or such.
These are "flotation boards" that give you some traction in sand/mud/snow by creating a gripping surface and a grade to come UP out of the hole you are in.
A "Bridging Ladder" which is what you use to go across some gap that would swallow your tire is a completely different thing.
If you watch the old Camel Trophy videos on YouTube you will see actual ladder looking things on top of some rigs and then some Marston matt or PSP (perf steel planks) that were left over from the war days and used like traction boards for mud or put over the bridging ladders sometimes to create a bridge.

I have seen few test of any products that would be useful to go up some boulder or cover a gap. That said I have used my MaxTrax with rock stacks to make a supported traction board which is like a bridging ladder.
Thank You !!! I wasn't going to go there. :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

Reactions: GirupB

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
So I went with the ActionTrax which I based on weight, response to questions (support), and price. I did have to adjust the MaxTrax pins that came with the rig but that was quite easy to do. I can also easily switch them over to the 4Runner either mounted on the RTT or the roof rack depending on what adventure I'm going on.
20200206_125116.jpg

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I recently saw Action Trax at the MOORE in Springfield, Mo. Started looking into them and am really impressed with them as a company. Leaning toward getting a couple sets from them, as opposed to MaxTrax.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I recently saw Action Trax at the MOORE in Springfield, Mo. Started looking into them and am really impressed with them as a company. Leaning toward getting a couple sets from them, as opposed to MaxTrax.
Glad you were able to check them out. What's your color preference?

VRE-TRAK

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Barringer
What kind of rig are you running? Also is the weight of your vehicle a concern?

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
What kind of rig are you running? Also is the weight of your vehicle a concern?
I have a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X ... Weight is not really an issue. I live in the northwest Arkansas and spend most of my time in the Ozark and Mark Twain National forests. I would mainly use recovery boards to get me Xterra out of the slop. We get quite a bit of rain in the Spring and Fall and the trails can get rather messy in a hurry.