Marn's M416 Build

• HTML tutorial

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Looks like I found my ol 75 Ford PU in the background lol identical
Its a good old truck! This one is a 74. Its actually "My" daily driver now that we consolidated a few vehicles. I still have a company truck for work, but otherwise, I'm in the old Ford.

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Well new Jeep calls for new paint. Pulled the tent down, pulled the rack off, pulled the tub off the frame.

Replaced the original shocks with new ones from Napa.

Got it all ready for primer and paint. Will be doing some other touch up work too

E3CFDF80-ED3F-470B-99F0-83B0B9BAC83A.jpeg
B1E430D2-384E-4E59-A9E2-6ADF98BC0593.jpeg
6A9E56E8-AB59-4AAF-B368-746353D2A5E5.jpeg
9DA0FCF0-9791-4DF3-8431-C523AB268873.jpeg

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
How long have you owned the Ford? It looks a lot like one that I picked up in Grand Junction and delivered to Carson City a few years ago.

Reactions: Marn

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
How long have you owned the Ford? It looks a lot like one that I picked up in Grand Junction and delivered to Carson City a few years ago.
A year and a half. My buddy owned it for about 8 years prior to that, he bought it off a mechanic in Truckee who had a lien on it. It’s got a Friendly Ford bumper on it so I assume it’s a Las Vegas native.

Reactions: Graeman

rghbsn

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eastern NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hector
Service Branch
USAF
Great build, great write up! Thanks for sharing!
I need to get some time so I can do all the things with all the stuff... sigh. Adulting. Thanks for a lot of great ideas!

Reactions: Marn

BigSkyGuy

Rank 0

Contributor I

SW MT
First Name
Todd
Last Name
L
More work done. Painted the rack, added some bubble levels.

Added stabilizer jacks under the rear to make sure it doesnt go tippy tippy backwards. I can jump up and down in the back now and no issues.

Picked up some lvelling blocks so I can get it pretty close to level in every direction. also makes it easy to level the front using the stock landing gear. Looked briefly into adjustable landing gear but said nah.

Picked up the most sturdy bin I could find. Looked at sportsmans, cabelas, and home depot. All the stuff by plano was flimsy. This thing is solid as a rock. I can sit on it and it doesnt bow. Plenty of locking points to keep honest people honest, and will allow me to store my smaller gear securely when we are away from the trailer for the day.

Last thing I need to do before the first trip this weekend is mount up the spare tire in the front. Have a rack designed, but havent built it yet. Should be easy peasy.

Untitled by Marn, on Flickr

Where did you get your stabilizer Jack's? I'm digging 'em!

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
The 2013 produced STA brand NDT tires that I got on my trailer we’re starting to fail, so I upgraded to some radials. Got a pair of 215/85r16 Kumho AT51’s. I had these on my Dakota and liked them.

I kept the (significantly) better condition NDT tire as my spare seeing as its super close to the same size as the radials.

I also went through and repacked/inspected the bearings today. Everything seemed fine.

FFA7E88D-B569-4598-88E5-289EEB4940B4.jpeg
A7A61CBF-30BF-4BA7-A8C5-DEA93210C278.jpeg
8A50A19A-35CF-4B7F-A0C5-D789161D9CF2.jpeg
B3D0B8F4-9FFA-4D5D-863F-E4E44096B333.jpeg

Reactions: Wallygator

IdahoRebel

Rank II

Contributor III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jones
Member #

More work done. Painted the rack, added some bubble levels.

Added stabilizer jacks under the rear to make sure it doesnt go tippy tippy backwards. I can jump up and down in the back now and no issues.

Picked up some lvelling blocks so I can get it pretty close to level in every direction. also makes it easy to level the front using the stock landing gear. Looked briefly into adjustable landing gear but said nah.

Picked up the most sturdy bin I could find. Looked at sportsmans, cabelas, and home depot. All the stuff by plano was flimsy. This thing is solid as a rock. I can sit on it and it doesnt bow. Plenty of locking points to keep honest people honest, and will allow me to store my smaller gear securely when we are away from the trailer for the day.

Last thing I need to do before the first trip this weekend is mount up the spare tire in the front. Have a rack designed, but havent built it yet. Should be easy peasy.

Could you please provide information to purchase those scissor jacks?

Reactions: Snowflake