Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pedee, OR, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
smith
Member #

I have been unable to access the member map for several months. Requesting for this to be looked into.

Thanks,
Anvil Overlander

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I have been unable to access the member map for several months. Requesting for this to be looked into.

Thanks,
Anvil Overlander
Hi Anvil,

Yup - we need a little more information. Can you tell us what platform (iOS, Android, PC, Mac)? and what link you are selecting that gives you the trouble?

M

Anvil Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pedee, OR, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
smith
Member #

This is attempted on my android device ( Samsung Galaxy s9). I have tried on both the website main page which gives me the map with events only, or the OB talk which only gives comments and discussions.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is attempted on my android device ( Samsung Galaxy s9). I have tried on both the website main page which gives me the map with events only, or the OB talk which only gives comments and discussions.
Mobile is a pretty poor platform for the existing map, but it can be done. OB Talk cannot see the map. That app is for comments and forums only.

Showing events only means that you are not correctly logged on, or do not have correct permissions. I'm going to guess you are not logged on BUT, i'm not sure. You do have appropriate permissions as a member. Any idea how you could be getting to the map without being logged on?

M

Anvil Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pedee, OR, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
smith
Member #

Mobile is a pretty poor platform for the existing map, but it can be done. OB Talk cannot see the map. That app is for comments and forums only.

Showing events only means that you are not correctly logged on, or do not have correct permissions. I'm going to guess you are not logged on BUT, i'm not sure. You do have appropriate permissions as a member. Any idea how you could be getting to the map without being logged on?

M
Michael, after looking into it further, I updated my profile by adding my first and last name, as well as my region. Once the info was entered, I went to maps and noticed that it was up and running.

Thank you,
J. Smith/ Anvil Overlander

FFJOORD

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tierra Amarilla, NM
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Carrillo
Member #

I've been using iOS (iPhone 5) and pc desktop windows 10 w/Chrome and cannot see my location on the map. I went into preferences and privacy settings under my account and checked the "Mark my location" box. Still not showing up. Also using the mobile renders use of the map very ineffective. Please advise. ~Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.