M1102 Overland Trailer

• HTML tutorial

Conrad318

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Its been a few months since I updated the build. In July I added 5 gallon solar water pipe on the roof of the trailer. To pressurize it I added a schrader valve on the top and just connect it to one of the trailer tires. While it does deflate the tire I just have to refill it before breaking camp.
20170604_134531.jpg
20170630_091243.jpg

Conrad318

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

In addition to the hot water system I added a mini fridge that was given to me. It might not be perfect but I couldn't argue with the price. In addition to the fridge I built a removable table/counter top that can be attached inside or outside.20170604_134551.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

Conrad318

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

The most recent upgrade was removing the Jerry can mount and building a battery mount. I used parts left from the original canvas top and built a raised platform on the tongue of the trailer. To keep the battery protected I used a weather tight box and drilled some vent holes under the lip to keep rain out of the box. The battery is an 8d deep cycle flooded lead acid battery this should yield approximately 225 ah capacity. I also installed a 4 position switch allowing me to charge the outside battery or the inside battery independently from solar, 120 ac or the truck.
20171202_082700.jpg
20171202_100053.jpg

Reactions: Graeman and Jimmy P

Jon Foerster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Man I like the design... I’m building the same trailer.. I never thought about going that direction... but I like it.. I pull mine w/ a Jeep so I wanted to only build as high as the Jeep to keep the wind down.. I’m going to post my build soon... I just joined so I’m checking things out..
JF

Reactions: Graeman