LX450 80 series build thread

• HTML tutorial

wemahfouz

Rank II

Advocate II

I have the OME 3" kit but have no idea which shocks will work well with it these days. My shocks are still good, but they do have over 60k miles on em, so I'm looking to replace them this winter... thanks
I ran with stock shocks when I had 2 inch spacers. It did well for about half a year them I started blowing bushings. If yore my doing any off-roading it will probably hold but if you are I would switch them out

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I ran with stock shocks when I had 2 inch spacers. It did well for about half a year them I started blowing bushings. If yore my doing any off-roading it will probably hold but if you are I would switch them out.
B b Oh, I've not been clear.. I do a lot of overlanding, two track, off roading.. I have the OME 3" suspension and the OME shocks.. I was curious which OME shocks you are running now..

wemahfouz

Rank II

Advocate II

Ohh my fault. I am running the shocks that came with the springs. I'm running J springs because I'm pretty loaded down. The shocks are
Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers: 60070L X 2 / 60071L X 2. They aren't terrible but my ride is a little bouncy. Want it a little more stiff

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Ohh my fault. I am running the shocks that came with the springs. I'm running J springs because I'm pretty loaded down. The shocks are
Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers: 60070L X 2 / 60071L X 2. They aren't terrible but my ride is a little bouncy. Want it a little more stiff

Thanks,,,, I have the 2.5" suspension which is actually 3" in the front with the 850 Js and 863s in the rear , They are the "heavy" rated springs... nice and stiff when empty, but very rarely empty.. LOL thanks,, it may be time for me to start shopping shocks... Love the OME stuff..
BTW,, nice rig you have there !!

Last edited:

wemahfouz

Rank II

Advocate II

Thanks,,,, I have the 2.5" suspension which is actually 3" in the front with the 850 Js and 863s in the rear , They are the "heavy" rated springs... nice and stiff when empty, but very rarely empty.. LOL thanks,, it may be time for me to start shopping shocks... Love the OME stuff..
BTW,, nice rig you have there !!
Oh yeah. OME is hard to beat. Quality stuff. Thanks man. Always nice to hear that.

pseebald

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brookings, OR
Member #

Looks great! Love the custom work you are doing. It's nice to learn on the way instead of buying everything.

wemahfouz

Rank II

Advocate II

Looks great! Love the custom work you are doing. It's nice to learn on the way instead of buying everything.
Thanks man, buying is nice but way too expensive for a college student with part time job haha. Just got seals and bearings in this last week so a knuckle rebuild coming up before Colorado trip

wemahfouz

Rank II

Advocate II

Started on the front axle rebuild this weekend. Seems to be a lot of "while your in there work"
started breaking it down to remove the knuckle
got the inside of the knuckle housing cleaned and the birfs cleaned out and re lacked with grease
took down the driveshafts to get them worked on and the front differential
fluid was really nasty. Next weekend we will start the re-assembling everything when the new parts come on. Have to replace the spindle because of of wear from the bearings.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Haven't done too much lately with the rig. Drive 3000 miles Roy d trip a couple months ago to wheel in Colorado with our group from Louisiana. Camping fishing and wheeling made for an awesome trip!

A couple of mean looking 80s there! Great build thread.