LX450 80 series build thread

• HTML tutorial

gurkang

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bursa, Turkey
Member #

Nice build. Your triple locked lexus is precious here. And also its very hard to find a good looking and clean one. You are very lucky ;)

SM-N910C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

thinking of going with the 2016 version of that or the Land Cruiser
Open the back back seat door of a 2016 Land Cruiser, and tumble the seat forward. Watch the hard plastic seat back bash into the non-removable rear seat entertainment screen. Who's the idiot that didn't test this! Shoulda left the screen overhead like it has been on previous years.

(Note: you can remove the screens, but there's a void full of wires on the back of the front seats, and no current method to cover it up. Not getting the screens is not an option.)

Reactions: gurkang

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Open the back back seat door of a 2016 Land Cruiser, and tumble the seat forward. Watch the hard plastic seat back bash into the non-removable rear seat entertainment screen. Who's the idiot that didn't test this! Shoulda left the screen overhead like it has been on previous years.

(Note: you can remove the screens, but there's a void full of wires on the back of the front seats, and no current method to cover it up. Not getting the screens is not an option.)
Yes!!! I completely agree. I would be ripping those screens off anyway since we don't watch TV. I also don't love how the rear sits fit, at least on my LR4 they fold underneath out of the way. Great point!

Reactions: wemahfouz

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

2016s are awesome. But if you ask me the 80 series are the best cruiser made. I love the 40 but the 80 had modern comfort with old school durability
Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Yes and older FJ80 is more likely on the horizon. I have a 2013 LR4/Discovery 4 and looking more for a non-computerized trail rig.