LR Disco2 , nothing special, yet

• HTML tutorial

OvrRovR

Rank 0

Contributor I

This is awesome. I want to buy a cheap one and fix it up too. Will definitely follow along
Careful on the cheap ones , I think I really got lucky on this one. As it was well taken care of otherwise.
All the electric , even the a/c working. Almost no rust.
My only suggestion is do your homework before hand , and unless you are planning a complete rebuild , know definitely what it will take to get it on the road.
There are a lot of great build threads out there for Disco's, but some guys seem to have higher budgets than others .
Also there is a guy in Georgia ( I think) Zombie motors or some such, that can supply a whole outfit for a td5 swap.
That was my alternate plan in case the engine on this was a complete loss.
Good luck

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Careful on the cheap ones , I think I really got lucky on this one. As it was well taken care of otherwise.
All the electric , even the a/c working. Almost no rust.
My only suggestion is do your homework before hand , and unless you are planning a complete rebuild , know definitely what it will take to get it on the road.
There are a lot of great build threads out there for Disco's, but some guys seem to have higher budgets than others .
Also there is a guy in Georgia ( I think) Zombie motors or some such, that can supply a whole outfit for a td5 swap.
That was my alternate plan in case the engine on this was a complete loss.
Good luck
Looks like they are in Oregon now. Perfect. I’m in WA. Hoonigan on youtube also swaps in a Cummins which is pretty cool, but a little more work and more expensive.

But the Cummins is nice because it’s such a reliable engine and it’s brand new with no miles. Man that would be a dream.

Reactions: OvrRovR

danl

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Little
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2UDL
I just bought a 2004 Disco in very good shape and have started to build it. How's yours going? It's been a while since you've posted. Is it still running strong?

Reactions: RondjeAarde

RondjeAarde

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Usquert, Netherlands
First Name
Merijn
Last Name
Boers
Member #

I just bought a 2004 Disco in very good shape and have started to build it. How's yours going? It's been a while since you've posted. Is it still running strong?
I also bought a 2003 Discovery with a friend of mine. Also very curious how this rig is doing.

Foto of our Disco build so far:
IMG_20190915_155600783.jpg