Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Anyone have a recommendation for a low draw, USB powered tent fan to keep the air circulating inside a tent?

I've gone through a couple of the small, USB powered desk fans and thought I'd see if there was something else out there that anyone had found success with.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I haven't heard many good things about the little usb powered fans in terms of durability and power. I am considering getting a Miluakee 18v fan because I already have the batteries from my drill. It's also able to be run off A/C I think. So you could run it off an inverter.

Reactions: Welding Goats

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
I haven't heard many good things about the little usb powered fans in terms of durability and power. I am considering getting a Miluakee 18v fan because I already have the batteries from my drill. It's also able to be run off A/C I think. So you could run it off an inverter.
Good idea and one I hadn’t thought of. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: bmwguru

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Good idea and one I hadn’t thought of. Thank you for sharing.
No worries, glad to help. Just a thought I use Miluakee cordless tools but I know that Dewalt, Makita, Hitachi and Ryobi make cordless fans as well so if your cordless tools are not Miluakee there are other options. I do like the Miluakee cordless tools though as they carry a 5 year warranty.

Reactions: Welding Goats

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

After my year long search for the perfect low draw fan.....There is none hahaha I did the same as above. Got a battery powered shop fan that worked with the batteries for my cordless impact and chain saw. I just keep the charger plugged to the inverter and rotate batteries. works great!

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
After my year long search for the perfect low draw fan.....There is none hahaha I did the same as above. Got a battery powered shop fan that worked with the batteries for my cordless impact and chain saw. I just keep the charger plugged to the inverter and rotate batteries. works great!
Sounds like the way I should (and will) go.

Reactions: BlueLineOverland