Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello all. I will be driving down from the Seattle area for Overland Expo PNW and I am looking for a good dispersed camping site with in an hour or two of Redmond Oregon. Just one night and then head to the show. I will be in my jeep towing a turtleback trailer

Anyone got a good suggestion?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello all. I will be driving down from the Seattle area for Overland Expo PNW and I am looking for a good dispersed camping site with in an hour or two of Redmond Oregon. Just one night and then head to the show. I will be in my jeep towing a turtleback trailer

Anyone got a good suggestion?
Added by a member!

Ochoco Lake County Campgrounds

Also looks like some spots in the general area!

Reactions: hawk5000

hawk5000

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. Hoping for something west of 97 and preferably dispersed camping, not official campground.

Reactions: Michael

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Have not stayed at either of theses.
Henderson Flat OHV Staging - USFS, 44.431982, -121.143806
Barr Road North OHV - BLM, 44.288496, -121.335717

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
This is a great time to use the radius tool on the member map. Send out a message to the area that you think you'll be in to those local members. You might even get one to meet you for an overnight.

hawk5000

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

This is a great time to use the radius tool on the member map. Send out a message to the area that you think you'll be in to those local members. You might even get one to meet you for an overnight.
I tried to use this feature but could not get it to work. I could compose a message to a list of members but it would not send

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
What err
I tried to use this feature but could not get it to work. I could compose a message to a list of members but it would not send
What error did you get? @Michael sound like some help would be appreciated.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
At the highest level, the map in OB1 is always my go to at first glance. We get about 10-20 new locations a day added by members and we verify the information is accurate before making that live. We also have tools for reporting inaccuracies so they can be corrected. Also, you can quickly tell the difference between unverified (gray) and verified (full color).

For the map message issue - in general OB1 will perform much better than the web, but web should work OK. I can help out if I get the platform (web. iOS, Android) and what happened. Now, it is quite a bit of data to send on a large group message, so internet connection should be solid. Usually at home on a desktop that's not an issue, but mobile it can be.

Glad to help further!

hawk5000

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

At the highest level, the map in OB1 is always my go to at first glance. We get about 10-20 new locations a day added by members and we verify the information is accurate before making that live. We also have tools for reporting inaccuracies so they can be corrected. Also, you can quickly tell the difference between unverified (gray) and verified (full color).

For the map message issue - in general OB1 will perform much better than the web, but web should work OK. I can help out if I get the platform (web. iOS, Android) and what happened. Now, it is quite a bit of data to send on a large group message, so internet connection should be solid. Usually at home on a desktop that's not an issue, but mobile it can be.

Glad to help further!
Thanks for the info. I was trying to do it my phone.

Reactions: Michael

hawk5000

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Federal Way, WA, USA
First Name
Farrell
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Have not stayed at either of theses.
Henderson Flat OHV Staging - USFS, 44.431982, -121.143806
Barr Road North OHV - BLM, 44.288496, -121.335717

Both these sites look like great candidates if I want to be close to the event. My Oregon ATV permit is but it looks like I can get one in Madras if needed.

Thanks

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Oregon ATV permits are also sold at all Bi-Mart locations, most Power Sports Dealerships, and I heard Fred Myre’s (can’t confirm Freddy’s).