Location Banner

• HTML tutorial

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

@Michael and @Corrie has the idea of adding a persons' location to their profile picture in the forums ever been brought up. As I click through the threads and see ideas for trips it hard to identify if the location is close to where I am at. I am not thinking we add addresses, but maybe states or regions to the name bage in the forums. It could be something that each individual can opt in or out of.

Thoughts?

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Here's how a couple other forums I'm on display location.

This is what I'm used to as well. I'm definitely a fan of adding location and I'm also in favor of a sig format. Not saying that we'd have the same issue here but I've certainly seen where sigs can get out of hand as @mbwesner mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnermoose

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

We have the Member Map, (it is in Beta), but is there a way to link that directly to the forum accounts? I added myself to the map a few days ago, and just went there to get the link. My location is listed, and there's an icon for a pic, but it's blank. Having them connected could load my current profile pic (or choose a different one).

Hovering the mouse over the icon doesn't have a fly-out with more info. That would be nice to have. You can search by location but not by username, if I wanted to find, say @Gunnermoose.

I'll be updating my profile tonight!

Reactions: Michael