Lighting up Camp

• HTML tutorial

AdamFineFJ

Rank I

Enthusiast I

This post needs to be a must read....and have it's own BOOT CAMP.......OP. a great writeup. In one post it covers so many aspects of camp lighting.
If people ask for it I'll write up a more thorough boot camp.. or youtube vid. Most likely boot camp.
I would go over things like option tiers for different budgets.
Color Temperature preferences and considerations.
Overhead drone shots to show light spread.
Mounting options for various types of campsites(Vehicle only, Gazebo, Trees, Tarp/Awning)
Meter readings for various lights.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Headlight until I get mostly setup then spools of 16 dollars LEDs from Amazon powered by my solar gen.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
For setting up camp in the dark I use my headlamp. For lightning the camp after setup I use one of these Beacon Hanging Light. Makes a nice light, has a dimming feature, is rechargable via USB and I like the old-school-style of this lamp.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
For the set up I use working lights attached to the rig. If they are too bright, I am using red plexiglass to cover them. If everything is set up, I use multiple crush chroma lights by goal zero. You can attach them to nearly everything because of the handle construction. Plus, you can fold them easily.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have a couple of lights on my Jeep XJ. I added 2 LED strips to the tailgate and 1 RV LED "porch light" to the underside of my awning.

20210810_210739.jpg20210810_210905.jpg

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Small headlamp is all I need. When I’m able to make an actual campfire I try to keep it to a minimum as well. But my goal is to get away from the starbucks parking lot.

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Runner