Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a little deeper rut on the LF tire and you would have been in a true 'cross-axle' transitional position. At that point you could have tested recovery boards, stacked rocks, a winch pull, or a locker/ltd slip to get out of your predicament. The picture shows the truck pretty flexed-out.

Those of us who use 3/4 and 1 ton trucks probably would have lifted that 2nd tire due to our HD suspensions.
The ZR2/Bison, like the Power Wagon, is more ‘softly’ sprung than its counterparts. I’ve actually upped the front and rear spring rate to compensate for additional weight as well as changed the front UCA’s to increase usable wheel travel but I know what you’re saying. When that day comes I’m fortunate to have a couple of lockers under this thing haha.

Defiant Offroad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia / Florida
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Force
Member #

Here's a video of a recent trip to Union Springs & Flagpole Knob in Virginia. Union Springs is the more "challenging" route to Flagpole Knob. It's a good introductory trail for learning the basics of maneuvering over rocks.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and roots66