Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I finally got mine finished! Just in time for everything to go into lockdown... oh well. Hopefully I can still keep my campsite reservation for May 8th

It's a '67 Jeep M715 with a Dodge 8.0L V10 from a 2500, NV4500 trans, NP205 Tcase, Dana 60 front, Locked Dana 70 rear, 5.88 gears, and patina. Check out my build thread in my signature if you want to see more.

It's a winner in my book.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
thanks man!
I remember in the late 70's you could buy nice running one's (many with only 30K miles) from Government surplus for less than $500. I wanted one but my wife said no, no more vehicles. I had 4 boys, 2 girls and all had vehicles when they turned 16 and had their drivers licenses. My back yard corner lot was a parking lot most of the time. Was yours a diesel ?

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
I remember in the late 70's you could buy nice running one's (many with only 30K miles) from Government surplus for less than $500. I wanted one but my wife said no, no more vehicles. I had 4 boys, 2 girls and all had vehicles when they turned 16 and had their drivers licenses. My back yard corner lot was a parking lot most of the time. Was yours a diesel ?
that sounds like how my parents' house was! (I was 1 of 3).
No, M715's were I6 gas motors. Tornado 230. I don't know of any factory diesels

Technician

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Noster
My 2008 1500 Denali, 6.2 AWD, long tubes, chipped, and fully equipped for any breakdowns (it’s a shop on wheels)... Because we like to ride in comfort, power... and the wife won’t let me buy a dedicated overland rig yet.
We are currently in the process of designing and building a custom bed rack to fit around my headache rack and toolbox So I can mount the tent and go out without the trailer and SXS. I’ll make a build thread when I have more on that!!

Attachments

P4TR1OT

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Missouri
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Frazier
My 2008 1500 Denali, 6.2 AWD, long tubes, chipped, and fully equipped for any breakdowns (it’s a shop on wheels)... Because we like to ride in comfort, power... and the wife won’t let me buy a dedicated overland rig yet.
We are currently in the process of designing and building a custom bed rack to fit around my headache rack and toolbox So I can mount the tent and go out without the trailer and SXS. I’ll make a build thread when I have more on that!!
Sweet rig!

Aceconvoy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

How do I access the thread ?

Jetrngr430

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I’m working on a 2018 Chevy Express 3500. Was a 15 passenger van. Gutting the thing now. I’m down to removing the dreaded seat rails. One more to go!
Why not leave them in? They can be hard point to mount stuff.
They are kind of tall. With the addition of plywood and some laminate flooring. That’s a couple inches lost. Not in the best of locations for things other than bench seats. Not to mention removing them looses a couple hundred pounds. These suckers are heavy! That’s real estate I’d like to use for other things

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
They are kind of tall. With the addition of plywood and some laminate flooring. That’s a couple inches lost. Not in the best of locations for things other than bench seats. Not to mention removing them looses a couple hundred pounds. These suckers are heavy! That’s real estate I’d like to use for other things
Holy crap, that’s heavy. I don’t blame you for removing them. is there even a market fir them, or are they just scrap steel?