First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

what Holley system do you run?
i got an edelbrock pro-flo on my bb
more old iron-yeah baby

looks like both our trucks served, yours in the military, mine wit the forest service...:grinning:
sharp crew and nice to see another square here.
I use the sniper efi system with the holley red box regulator. Works awsome ...

P4TR1OT

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Missouri
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Frazier
Something rarely talked about are items to protect the seats. I installed these Covercraft Carhartt seat covers to protect the seats and I also think they look cool. They take about a week to settle and the wrinkles go away. I like that they are somewhat water proof and are machine washable.

Attachments

Hoss2500

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Tustin, southern california
First Name
MATT
Last Name
HURTADO
Member #

I'm pretty new here, but feel like I've found the tribe I didn't know I was looking for. Before I found you all I was thinking my rig was too big to be a real off-road/overland platform. You guys have set me straight, and I'm more in love with this girl than ever before. So thank you!

As you can see, "Babe the Big Blue Ox" is the RV hauler, and has taken us on many adventures with the pictured TT. We've got a solid trophy case of National Park magnets, and it's been a fun family vacation strategy. So I suppose you might say we've been overlanders for 10 years or so....just more of the RVing type, with only minor off-roading. I'm ready to modify that a bit now...

My kids are mid-late teens, and it's harder and harder to plan excursions with the TT, and I'm finding myself getting pulled deeper into the woods. Not that we're abandoning the TT....but I just need to be able to go where it can't, and more quickly. You know what I mean...

Partly because of financial reasons, but partly also for reasons I can't explain, I have a serious DIY bug around the next evolution of our adventures. Redneckery abounds. I'm currently working on a roof basket for the rear. Turns out that old bed frames are a great source of angle iron. Lol... A work-in-progress for sure...

2000 Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L
Procharger D1SC, intercooled, tuned (holy heat, Batman.... hence the hood vents)
Champion 3-core radiator (winter time now...hence the grill blanket!)
Rough Country 3" lift
K02's, 265/75/16
DIY sound system upgrade (deck/amp/sub/wiring/etc)
Spyder headlights

Planned/hopeful additions....
DIY water tank
Clam quick-set tent
Custom front bumper with better intercooler protection
DIY Interior bed platform, shelving and storage
Rear bumper fortification & swing arm for jerry cans
Solar system
Hmmmmmm........View attachment 137152View attachment 137153View attachment 137154View attachment 137155
a pro charged 6 liter!! I bet that thing scoots without the TT behind it. Nice!! I want to put a 6.0 liter in oldirty. Stuck in COMMIfornia though so she'll have to wait for a new heart till when we move out of state. Got any pics under her skirt!! I wanna see that charger!!!

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
I finally got mine finished! Just in time for everything to go into lockdown... oh well. Hopefully I can still keep my campsite reservation for May 8th

It's a '67 Jeep M715 with a Dodge 8.0L V10 from a 2500, NV4500 trans, NP205 Tcase, Dana 60 front, Locked Dana 70 rear, 5.88 gears, and patina. Check out my build thread in my signature if you want to see more.