Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Redgrave
Member #

I like! How do you like the DV8 bumpers? I like the low profile hoop on the front. Many of those cover the TSS sensor on mine.
I like them but the front bumper could use some improvements. I guess the older versions of the front bumpers were 1pc (mine is a newer Gen 3pc bumper) and there was some alignment issues when mounting. With it being a 3pc bumper the sections do not align perfectly flush, they’re just slightly off. The major issue is the bolt holes for the factory tow hooks do not line up, which isn’t to much of an issue with the shackles mounted. The rear bumper bolted right up no problems at all. But you can’t expect perfection when you can purchase two bumpers for the price of one from other brands ha ha.

Reactions: HazMatt79

hoch

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Hoch
Last Name
S
‘19 F150 STX. Great truck for my family of 5. I’m going to keep the mods to a minimum. And camping gear won’t be like most “over landing” set up. No RTT, built in drawers, refrigerator, etc.
33” BFG tires to take us to a lot of places out here in the west. No lift and not planning on one
We’ve got a large 10x14 canvas ground tent. Small enough to pack in just about any car but really saves space in the truck. Big enough for the kids to romp around in on rainy days.
Nice cooler, Primus stove, camp chairs, bucket toilet conversion.
That’s it. Keep it simple and light.

My last truck was a 3rd gen Tacoma. Because of the poor payload, I needed to keep it light. I’m carrying that philosophy to this new truck.

1576042287128.png

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Would have been nice at the end! We did 150 miles of dirt roads.
Maybe you can reverse the trip next time. I cant wait to get out on a trip with a gang of adventurers from my area, some plans, not finalized currently.
Where were the pics taken, looks like high desert area.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Maybe you can reverse the trip next time. I cant wait to get out on a trip with a gang of adventurers from my area, some plans, not finalized currently.
Where were the pics taken, looks like high desert area.
The James River between Mason and Fredericksburg Texas. Ie, the Texas hill country.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Nice truck you got there, whats the build plan? what motor did you get in there? rear gear? I opted to get a 2018 because of the new front end I didn't like

saltybones

Rank 0

Traveler I

We did a great trip with friends this past summer, from Nova Scotia to Quebec, then followed the 138 along the St. Lawrence River until it ended at Kegashka. Beautiful country! This is called 'The Whale Route' and we were actually fortunate to see whales passing by as we drank coffee at our campsite on shore. Highly recommended!
image.jpgimg_0109.jpgimg_0171-1.jpgimg_2931.jpgimg_3009-1.jpgimg_5652.jpgimg_5657.jpgimg_5662.jpgimg_5818.jpgimg_5848.jpgimg_6022.jpgimg_6156-1.jpgimg_6467-1.jpgimg_6584.jpg