Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I love it, but I am prejudice. I have a 1990 GMC V2500 Suburban. I love the set-up you have with the rack, lights, awning. Your paint does not look any better than mine, stupid 80-90's paint. Are you running 35's? What lift?
Have you done anything to the interior? If so, show it off, I want to see.

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

I love it, but I am prejudice. I have a 1990 GMC V2500 Suburban. I love the set-up you have with the rack, lights, awning. Your paint does not look any better than mine, stupid 80-90's paint. Are you running 35's? What lift?
Have you done anything to the interior? If so, show it off, I want to see.
Hay, thanks! Sorry for the late reply. It is actually a gmc with a chevy grill lol
It's on a 4" lift and I am running 35's. ( 315/75/16) Goodyear wrangler duratracs. The interior is not done yet but that's next on the list.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Day trippin' around last weekend. Camper goes back on tomorrow to try to get some winter camping in. (And yes, she is sporting her skinny winter tires in all her glory)

View attachment 128146
The only thing I see wrong with it is that it has the wrong owner :- )

Reactions: trikebubble

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Attachments

Igor91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lewisburg, WV, USA
First Name
Wes
Last Name
Graham
IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0034.JPGIMG_0035.JPGIMG_0037.JPG

My 2000 Chevy Suburban 4x4 with front diff locks.

- 37” Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
- rough country 7 in lift kit
- Suspension Max Rear rear lift
- Adjustable spohn Rear Control arm
- All new kickers speakers/wiring
- 2 amplifiers + subwoofer.

This is how i bought it. I’m going on week three and making decisions how i want to ho about this.

I like the sound system but the sub takes up space on a overland trip. It’s my daily driver too. Fishing, work, offroading. Eventually ill build out a dedicated overlander but for now imma modify this beast to do the job but not make my daily use a hassle(pack/unpack).

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 128628View attachment 128629View attachment 128630View attachment 128631View attachment 128632

This is how i bought it. I’m going on week three and making decisions how i want to ho about this.

I like the sound system but the sub takes up space on a overland trip. It’s my daily driver too. Fishing, work, offroading. Eventually ill build out a dedicated overlander but for now imma modify this beast to do the job but not make my daily use a hassle(pack/unpack).
Very nice. I can see why you like it ! I wouldn't do anything to it except to make sure it is safe and dependable mechanically !

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 128628View attachment 128629View attachment 128630View attachment 128631View attachment 128632

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Igor91 said:

Front diff locks, IFS..........that makes me stand up and take notice :grinning: OH PLEASE, tell me more. There are quite a few of us that run GM, and this has been a big, big question in our minds. Locker, brand/style,....Ltd Slip,....True Trac type, and so forth. Questions like durability, limitations (negatives), mods to other parts to make it live. Even after 20 years, info has to be pried out of the recesses of off-road.

Then comes how effective they are in the overall scope of use, in your encounters. Are they worth the money?, would you do it again knowing what you know now. There is the Silverado thread, where many of us lament the dirth of available upgrades.

Last edited:

Igor91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lewisburg, WV, USA
First Name
Wes
Last Name
Graham
Very nice. I can see why you like it ! I wouldn't do anything to it except to make sure it is safe and dependable mechanically !
I’m from Florida and there are running jokes about are salt life stickers and insanely un-needed lift kits just to go play in the mud. Thankfully the guy just loved a tall truck nights on the trails and fishing. So got this bad boy in good condition. Yeah, it’s definitely safe and mechanically dependable. Been putting it to the test. I love modding though so i do have plans. Wench, back air lockers(might come in handy in west virginia where im moving to), metal bumpers, and a roof rack for starters. I basically want it to be able to take me into the woods safely, and be able to unpack/load incase i buy a table or i gotta go to work but dont want all my gear chilling in the truck.

Igor91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lewisburg, WV, USA
First Name
Wes
Last Name
Graham
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Igor91 said:

Front diff locks, IFS..........that makes me stand up and take notice :grinning: OH PLEASE, tell me more. There are quite a few of us that run GM, and this has been a big, big question in our minds. Locker, brand/style,....Ltd Slip,....True Trac type, and so forth. Questions like durability, limitations (negatives), mods to other parts to make it live. Even after 20 years, info has to be pried out of the recesses of off-road.

Then comes how effective they are in the overall scope of use, in your encounters. Are they worth the money?, would you do it again knowing what you know now. There is the Silverado thread, where many of us lament the dirth of available upgrades.
So, i cams from the legendary 2wd 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.9L yes, the famous 360 big block that hemi replaced. Still prefer the 360 over a hemi. So, that truck had nothing.... when it finally died i was heart broken... but wanted 4x4 this time. 6yrs later this is my first 4x4 truck after not owning anything. I’ve yet to take it off the streets after 3 weeks now. I’m hoping to get a comm system and meet up with some dudes to finally test what it can do. No winch, no brush guards. Just sliders and a lift kit. So i dont want to go alone for sure. I’m still learning how to fix stuff myself