Let's see those full size rigs - Trucks & SUV

• HTML tutorial

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Another Full Size Rig Guy and newbie to the forum.

ProZ tent (also made by Napier) for a steal from AutoAnything on sale. Really nice tent........would only change how it connects around the tailgate. Sucks setting up in the rain. Debating a short rack and RTT someday.

First time out in the Manistee National Forest

Dispersed Camping
by Jim Fox, on Flickr

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Another Full Size Rig Guy and newbie to the forum.

ProZ tent (also made by Napier) for a steal from AutoAnything on sale. Really nice tent........would only change how it connects around the tailgate. Sucks setting up in the rain. Debating a short rack and RTT someday.

First time out in the Manistee National Forest

Dispersed Camping
by Jim Fox, on Flickr
Generous Motors!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thinking about just disconnecting the rear sway bar
Sure would be nice if they released as a option, the Power Wagon electronic sway disconnect. I thought that GM, by now, would have offered a version as would also have FORD

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 96393
My old girl still working overtime. 1990 f350 out in Anza Borego exploring another trail.
They may have fallen out of favor, but the old drip rails, sure made life easier. I'm glad Ford has not gone the way of the DODO, and removed the manual hub option. Having a real part-time front axle sure allows options us GM owners don't. For that matter 99.7% of Ram owners also who don't have the money$$$$ or inclination to go with the Dyna-Track conversion.

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
Sure would be nice if they released as a option, the Power Wagon electronic sway disconnect. I thought that GM, by now, would have offered a version as would also have FORD

BDS makes quick disconnects but it is for a stock sway bar and minimum 3" lift. I am running the Thuren front sway bar and I'm happy with it both on and off road so I would NOT go back to stock only to be able to disconnect the front when off road. It articulates much nicer with the Thuren sway bar. Only down side is my rear doesn't articulate much because I don't have coils or leaf springs, I have rear air bags only. Factory Rear Air Assist on the Rams. Great for towing, sucks for off roading.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My old rig, 97 f250, 7.3 , f350 front end, Had to sell her to buy a service truck to go out on my own. I do miss the old girl.View attachment 7644
Those last 2 years of the 7.3 had all the problems worked out. My old man secretly went out and bought a new 2003 f250 king ranch. At the time FORD still in mid year offered a power train choice. YAH, he choose the New engine for the New body style. Luckily not to many problems. 2 injectors, a expected EGR fix/clean. Never get a first year offering, problems always rear there head. If he had chosen the 7.3, I expect it would be probably trouble free 16 years later as little work it has ever been called upon to do.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Okay, I feel like a bit of a noob asking this, and in fact I'm kinda thinking it's a joke but is an electric sway bar disconnect a thing? I have never heard of one.

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

Okay, I feel like a bit of a noob asking this, and in fact I'm kinda thinking it's a joke but is an electric sway bar disconnect a thing? I have never heard of one.
Yup, it's a thing. The Ram Power Wagon and Jeep Rubicon models have this feature. Basically, there's a magnetically actuated coupler in the center of the sway bar; flip a switch, and it's electronically disengaged, which allows each side to articulate freely.

Reactions: Desert Runner