Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

I also like that if I ever had to haul something of strange size (large couch or mattress), I just take the tent off and strap it to the rack. That rack says like 600lbs but that was with only 2 pairs of legs. I added a third pair so maybe my limit is 800 now? idk.
Yeah, looks like your rack would be really versatile like that.

Mine sits higher, so less practical to strap bulky items on top, but it sits high enough off the bed to still give plenty of room...and the cross bars are easily removable.

I haven't picked out an RTT yet, but I did attach a 62" 23zero awning.20180829_162033.jpeg

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

78AAC24E-CB12-445A-B6F0-F58901C12A59.jpeg Its a build in progress. For sure not going crazy. The first thing was putting tires on it. I went with a 33.4 inch A/t tire. The 285 60 20 cooper at3. On stock wheels Wanted an aggressive tire that still held up on a paved road. Will more than likely go down to a 17 inch wheel with a 34 inch tire so I have more side wall to play with airing down and such.. I put a three inch lift on it to bring up the front end and give it more flex in the rear.

The rear is a 1inch spacer and the front is new upper control arms and new coil overs. Didnt want to go any higher in the suspension sense I still tow a heavy horse trailer with it and the sag in the back makes it look horrible. Put stiffer springs in the rear as well. So it has a stiffer payload. I like the ram 1500 this is my second one ive had. Mopar or no car!

Reactions: DVC

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

My 79 Jimmy
Small block 400
Dana front 14bolt rear full floater
37 good years..
Fun teuckView attachment 68342
Those small block motors are beasts!! Bet that sucker runs like a raped ape. Grandfather had a 77 checy two door short box. Ol square hood! Converted the all time 4 wheel drive to a manual shift put locking hubs on it. Always ran small skinny tires on the sucker but no doubt would run circles all day long around alot of the stuff today. amazing rig man!

Chingon Granpa

Rank III

Enthusiast III

la mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Those small block motors are beasts!! Bet that sucker runs like a raped ape. Grandfather had a 77 checy two door short box. Ol square hood! Converted the all time 4 wheel drive to a manual shift put locking hubs on it. Always ran small skinny tires on the sucker but no doubt would run circles all day long around alot of the stuff today. amazing rig man!
Just getting into overlanding and learning. What I do notice is the lack of full sized SUV and trucks. Just wondering who out there is like me rolling in a GMT800 2500 Suburban.

Here is my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500:

So far ive done some basic suspension work. Congnito leveling kit w/upper control arms, Fox 2.0 monotype shocks, and keys to get 2.5" lift. Then the Congnito steering brace kit that every GM owner should do regardless if lifted or not. Also added the BFG K02 all terrains 285/75/16 essentially 33" tires.

Next up will be to do the 1.5" block and u bolt along with the Fox 2.0to finish out the rear end. Looking to also do the Bilstein steering stabilizer then HD idler arm, inner outer tie rods etc. One more item for the HD setup that will smooth out the ride would be the Silastic shackles/isolators.

My 79 Jimmy
Small block 400
Dana front 14bolt rear full floater
37 good years..
Fun truckView attachment 68342
Runs great, plenty of power..have an issue with stalling on steep incline..

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Yeah, looks like your rack would be really versatile like that.

Mine sits higher, so less practical to strap bulky items on top, but it sits high enough off the bed to still give plenty of room...and the cross bars are easily removable.

I haven't picked out an RTT yet, but I did attach a 62" 23zero awning.View attachment 67546
That looks really nice so far. It would def be nice to remove the cross bars.