Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Morgantown, WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Parsley
Member #

Just read though this thread and loved seeing all the full size rigs. Does make me miss the west coast a lot, and how spoiled you all are with the wide open places to explore.

Currently getting started on my overland vehicle with my 2017 F150 supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost. I live in Morgantown, WV and so far have not really came across many trials to good overlanding opportunities. However that has not stopped my in upgrading my rig and trying to find some new places to go. Just received my new tires this week 285 75 17 Falken Wildpeak A/TW3s. The bronze Method NV 17x8.5's will be here this week along with the Halo Lift Boss Coilovers to give me enough clearance for the new tires. Hopefully be able to get out and do some exploring within the next month or so. Only have a regular ground tent that Im going to be able to use, but curious to know what my next move will be. Really like the RTT option, but with having two 80lb dogs , I think it would be difficult lifting them in and out that high with my fiancee and I.

20180520_170605.jpg

Majorbacon8r

Rank 0

Traveler I

MN
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Bacon
2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited. I off-road near the Canadian border at International Falls in MN. She handles the deep mud no problem.

Here is a video of a typical trail after some rain. I'm exploring with a friend driving a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition.

Do I always see you around chanhassen?? I’m always in a loud XJ it’s forest green

Reactions: David S

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

How do you like your pop up?
Absolutely love it. I can understand that for some it is not ideal but for us it works perfect. Trips are usually myself and the wife but at times we have 3-4 people go. Also there was a severe request ( more demand lol) by the wife for a toilet for being outside of campsites. We originally looked into a four wheel camper but for the price we got the trailer for the fwc for comparable price were junk and needed tons of work. Set up time is pretty comparable to our old camp set up ( admittedly it was a terrible set up for time sakes). It does have limitations as to where it can go but currently my truck is more limited than the trailer lol. All in all we have no regrets on the purchase and the luxury that comes with the set up time and limitations of the trailer make it work for us. There are plans to mod when we can to make it suit us better.