Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Absolutely love it. I can understand that for some it is not ideal but for us it works perfect. Trips are usually myself and the wife but at times we have 3-4 people go. Also there was a severe request ( more demand lol) by the wife for a toilet for being outside of campsites. We originally looked into a four wheel camper but for the price we got the trailer for the fwc for comparable price were junk and needed tons of work. Set up time is pretty comparable to our old camp set up ( admittedly it was a terrible set up for time sakes). It does have limitations as to where it can go but currently my truck is more limited than the trailer lol. All in all we have no regrets on the purchase and the luxury that comes with the set up time and limitations of the trailer make it work for us. There are plans to mod when we can to make it suit us better.
Thanks for the info. I'm changing around my rig setup and I sold my RTT. We used to have a toy hauler and my wife and kids miss the bathroom. I was looking at these "offroad" pop ups. Very well priced considering what these overland trailers are costing.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Thanks for the info. I'm changing around my rig setup and I sold my RTT. We used to have a toy hauler and my wife and kids miss the bathroom. I was looking at these "offroad" pop ups. Very well priced considering what these overland trailers are costing.
I would say they are not built typically to the standard that most overland trailers I see are. More like standard rv pop up but we have not really have any issues. The bathroom can either be a plus or minus as there in not much a room like our old toy hauler but just the showers curtain. We basically use it for those in case you gata moments

Ranzer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

NICE! I'm looking to pick up one of these myself. Is yours stock height?

And I love the color, btw. Jade green is one of the best Toyota colors ever.
Toytec 3inch lift and shocks in front and 2.5 springs and shocks in rear. And 285/75 r16 tires.

It’s a surprisingly capable rig. We camp in it all the time too it’s super roomy. I’m 6’1 and I can stretch all the way out in the back.

Only complaint is the lack of diff locks stock and the first gen 01-02 only allows center diff lock in 4lo/first gear.

I installed a manual override switch to lock the center diff at any time. It’s a must have modification.

Would also recommend beefy shocks/springs in the rear as I bottom out on the bump stocks a lot going over whoops it’s a pretty heavy beast.

Last edited:

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

IMG_4503.JPG

Ram has been in the shop for a few months getting some body work. Got insurance to pay for a new bumper. Looks pretty slick. Has been the longest two months ever!

Did another mod to. They said itll add fiddy horse power but i think that was all smoke and mirrors

IMG_4507.JPG

Reactions: HUMΛN

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Here are my full size Overlanders: 99’ Dodge 2500, 02’ motor swap, Cummings 5.9, manual transmission, 4x4, mostly stock, but have 285/75/16s on the truck. Runs and drives great with my old, 65’ Alaskan Pop- Top Camper! I can tow one of my Jeeps to go where the truck will not fit, and sleep comfortably off the ground. Will be adding a vented propane heater and replace the Icebox with a 12VDC fridge. Have the new accessories, just have to take the time and get them installed!

My second Overlander: 90’ Gillig bus! 28’ Transit Bus, 4208 Cat Diesel motor, with an Allison Mt 6 speed automatic transmission. All set as a motor home, but want to setup the bus to be able to boondock, not having to use RV Park spots with all the hookups! Again I can pull one of my Two Jeeps, but camp in style! Vance.
145EEC52-DCD6-4D75-B10F-F56E51C52AE8.jpeg 5A8C1DF0-F141-4E97-8D35-0E7745C059FE.jpeg 54C43CA8-1F8E-4C26-ABFA-7A2FE9AB21C0.jpeg 712BDB06-51B5-4684-8E28-A83B29C2CF24.jpeg A74E8B6A-8FBB-4978-B321-D74B25DE2CBC.jpeg

Chingon Granpa

Rank III

Enthusiast III

la mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Seeking advice. I have someone looking to trade 93 range rover county lwb for my 79 jimmy. I live my truck, but have always been very interested in the County lwb. Ill be keeping my winch, on board compressor, rack lights and coms...basicall starting ove with the County.

Chingon Granpa

Rank III

Enthusiast III

la mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Seeking advice. I have someone looking to trade 93 range rover county lwb for my 79 jimmy. I live my truck, but have always been very interested in the County lwb. Ill be keeping my winch, on board compressor, rack lights and coms...basicall starting ove with the County.
Sorry for typos...