Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

well...... I traded my 72 Scout for it. I probily could have sold it for 5k so I'm figuring that's what the van cost me.
I have been casaully looking for something similar, but cannot seem to find an full size 4WD vans under $20K. Maybe I am not looking in the right spots.

TXstar37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mansfield, TX, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Just picked up my Clydesdale a couple months ago. 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9HO. Got 160k on her, just getting broke in. Frontier bumper up front, ranch hand in back. Leveling kit with 35" Pro Comps. Added the camper shell and Rhino Rack. DIY padded carpet liner in bed. Took the kids out a couple weekends ago, loving my setup. Now just need some more money for my Carli suspension upgrade before I get on any crazy off-road trails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

My 79 f150 with a freshly rebuilt 400 and C6, 4inch lift with 35s. She's a slow build and super fun to take in the woods or camping trips. Only downfall is being standard cab not much room. She's a work Truck and a toy [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
NICE! gotta build thread?

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: 9nick4 and caleath

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I started a full size registry thread not realizing this thread existed.. Here's my junk..

2004 Dodge ram 2500, Cummins 6 spd manual 4x4.

Leitner Designs Active Cargo System
Cvt mt. Denali 4+ person roof top tent
Engine driven on board air
Arb fridge
315/70/17 Cooper stt pros
Lots of other goodies.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
And there's the other. I'm having full size Dodge Ram envy

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

ProjectHellRaiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Biloxi,Ms
Member #

Just picked up my Clydesdale a couple months ago. 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9HO. Got 160k on her, just getting broke in. Frontier bumper up front, ranch hand in back. Leveling kit with 35" Pro Comps. Added the camper shell and Rhino Rack. DIY padded carpet liner in bed. Took the kids out a couple weekends ago, loving my setup. Now just need some more money for my Carli suspension upgrade before I get on any crazy off-road trails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
DUDE Love Love Love your Third Gen!!

Truck mechanic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I have been casaully looking for something similar, but cannot seem to find an full size 4WD vans under $20K. Maybe I am not looking in the right spots.
They are out there, I saw have seen several for under 20k. But it also depends on how much work you want to or can do your self. I have had the van in my shop for a month. Working on it when I can, but it sat for 17 years. so rite off was 2 new fuel tanks and a new carb. then on to new rad, water pump, alt. when I did the water bump I found the timing cover breached so a new one of them. New tires and wheel. brakes, brake lines with out labor I'm some where close to 8k. If I didn't have the place to do it I would have had to paid some one to do the work, so add another few grand. I haven't even got to the fun stuff yet, so 20k mite not be such a bad price.

Reactions: Dylan Cave

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

They are out there, I saw have seen several for under 20k. But it also depends on how much work you want to or can do your self. I have had the van in my shop for a month. Working on it when I can, but it sat for 17 years. so rite off was 2 new fuel tanks and a new carb. then on to new rad, water pump, alt. when I did the water bump I found the timing cover breached so a new one of them. New tires and wheel. brakes, brake lines with out labor I'm some where close to 8k. If I didn't have the place to do it I would have had to paid some one to do the work, so add another few grand. I haven't even got to the fun stuff yet, so 20k mite not be such a bad price.
I'm thinking I have enough room in my Excursion, I will stick with it.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I would keep the excursion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I wasn't really looking to get rid of the Excursion, just looking for something else to play with. I think the Excursion will be around forever, besides if I ever do decide to get rid of it my son is getting it, so he says.

Reactions: boss324