Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Sweet truck but that old muscle car in the background looks bad ass!
Thanks @boss324 . Thats actually my wifes 1968 Chrysler New Yorker, has a built 440, disc brake conversion upgraded "street" torsion bars. Still is a work in progress, needs some body work and interior.

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
What your plans for the EXP? I don't recall seeing any of those built up.

My plan are 4in. ICON Vehicle Dynamics coilovers with upper uniball A arms and after a few mods the same in the rear, have an IFS/IRS system makes for some interesting choices when it comes to suspensions. But over the last 3 months I have done the research and have had the help of a great group of people helping me decide the proper route on the subject. Once we are closer to getting it installed I will also be changing the wheel size as well to a 17" Ford Raptor beadlock with 35x12.50 tires but for now I am going to be running 265/55R20 which came with the vehicle when I bought it, not an aggressive A/T but they work well when I have taking them offroad.

Experience is gained through hardships and the motivations to succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: boss324

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Love that 70 Burb! You've done well sir I wish I had that kind of skill and patience to do what you've done! What are the plans for the interior?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app
I have 2 sets of front bucket seats that came out of two 2001 Silverados for the front and the center seats. The third row is a set of 50/50 seats from an 06 Tahoe. All 3 rows have the belts that come out of the shoulder of the seat so no belts hanging down from the ceiling. The second row is pushed back about 16 inches further than the stock location so it's like limousines seats back there. I wanted tons of leg room... we've have 4 suburbans over the years and one of the problems is the amount of leg room in the 2nd and 3rd rows, in fact anyone who has ever owned or been in one knows that you can't even get your foot through the door unless you cock it sideways.

I went with black white and grey color scheme. There is dynamat and carpet padding all the way up the firewall to the back and grey carpet. I redid the door panels and dash with black pleather and got new armrests and door levers and window cranks.

From the center row back I haven't done much except build some functional but ugly storage cabinets and truck bed drawers. No head liner yet either.

I'll get some pictures up.

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: boss324

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Love that 70 Burb! You've done well sir I wish I had that kind of skill and patience to do what you've done! What are the plans for the interior?

you can't tell because the front seats are all the way back but there is tons of leg room there. The front seats are back about 4 inches from the factory location.

that's definitely not a gun safe under the center section of the front seat.

I put the speakers in the walls because they originally were in big boxes and they'd bounce around when I would go hard in the hills... my friends call it luxury off roading. Lol.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

It was a local shop in brevard NC this summer I may end up fabricating more bumpers myself if there's enough interest from 4th gen explorer owners

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I am actually looking for my Excursion but I really like the look of yours. What did cost?

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

This was at the end of last summer.Parked in front of the cabin we had just built on our property. We were loaded up, getting ready to head out to Michigan for for work, and ready for adventure with my XR600 and our kayaks loaded up, and hooked to the toy hauler.
Nice old Chrysler in the background too..

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Little run over to Frank Raines OHV park with my son his first time there. So he got to drive the Burb! The G80 locker even kicked in twice.. he was happy about that ...lol

Watch "Frank Raines 2003 Suburban 2500 Part 1" on YouTube

Last edited:

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

you can't tell because the front seats are all the way back but there is tons of leg room there. The front seats are back about 4 inches from the factory location.

that's definitely not a gun safe under the center section of the front seat.

I put the speakers in the walls because they originally were in big boxes and they'd bounce around when I would go hard in the hills... my friends call it luxury off roading. Lol.

Love the look man bravo restore with modern amenities!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk