Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Nice!

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban
My wife is looking for a new (to her) car also and we were at a small used car lot in Modesto yesterday and the owner commented that he like my truck, so I told him what I paid and he said he would have had for sale for $10000 more than I paid. That made me happy.

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

My wife is looking for a new (to her) car also and we were at a small used car lot in Modesto yesterday and the owner commented that he like my truck, so I told him what I paid and he said he would have had for sale for $10000 more than I paid. That made me happy.
That's bananas! Good on ya! Those deals don't come around often and when they do the go fast! We just had a killer deal pass us up on a diesel pusher motorcoach... It was a great deal and would have been perfect for my family of 7 but I wanted to "Sleep on it" and when I went back it was sold!

Oh well, I'm happy for you though!

Reactions: Egan

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

That's bananas! Good on ya! Those deals don't come around often and when they do the go fast! We just had a killer deal pass us up on a diesel pusher motorcoach... It was a great deal and would have been perfect for my family of 7 but I wanted to "Sleep on it" and when I went back it was sold!

Oh well, I'm happy for you though!

Thanks, I saw it on online on Sunday afternoon called and worked out a deal over the phone and got them to hold it for me for 24 hours and went and got it Monday afternoon. The dealer was 2.5 hours from me, but worth drive.

Last edited:

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

We gotta get a full-size run together sometime. Hollister or Frank Raines would be a nice day trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
That sounds good to me. There is also La Grange which is small but close to Tracy and Merced.

Reactions: boss324

David Claffey

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix
Member #

Did some suspension work today...

Supersprings Sumo bump stops; made a huge difference in comfort and no body roll lovin it.

The OEM bump stop after 13years!

Also installed a Bilstein 5100 series steering stabilizer boy what a difference like a new truck.

How do you like the cognito upper control arms?

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

How do you like the cognito upper control arms?
I really like the setup, with the Cognito UCA, Fox 2.0, leveled gave me the look and ride I was looking for. Now the Rare parts tie rod and Cognito endlinks really topped off the ride . It rides like a new truck! The bushings took all the harshness away.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

You have that Sub looking so good, I have always wanted to get my hands on a 70-73 Blazer. One of these days.
Thanks. This picture is from right when i first got it, when this was taken it still needed an engine to get it on the road and a bunch of axel and hub work to get it off road. Since this picture I have replaced all the rocker panels the floor pan and the header bow above the windshield. It actually looks a little bit rougher now, but is much more solid!

I do have a lengthy build thread, if you're interested you can search "70 K20 Suburban"

Reactions: Egan

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

That sounds good to me. There is also La Grange which is small but close to Tracy and Merced.
How is Lagrange compared to Frank Raines? I've never been there. Anyway we should try to get a group together for a run.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Thanks. This picture is from right when i first got it, when this was taken it still needed an engine to get it on the road and a bunch of axel and hub work to get it off road. Since this picture I have replaced all the rocker panels the floor pan and the header bow above the windshield. It actually looks a little bit rougher now, but is much more solid!

I do have a lengthy build thread, if you're interested you can search "70 K20 Suburban"

I have seen a bunch of your posts, you have done some nice work.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

How is Lagrange compared to Frank Raines? I've never been there. Anyway we should try to get a group together for a run.

It is smaller and less hills, but not horrible. It would be cool if we could get a meetup at one of the two.