Let there be light...!

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Had this mounted for three weeks, spent a rainy Sunday morning under the carport wiring a switch and relay (I really need to look into a centralized relay box)

Just waiting for dark to aim it.

Cheap Amazon (Shanren) 20" led bar

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Had this mounted for three weeks, spent a rainy Sunday morning under the carport wiring a switch and relay (I really need to look into a centralized relay box)

Just waiting for dark to aim it.

Cheap Amazon (Shanren) 20" led bar

Awesome! Let us know how it performs!

M

Reactions: maktruk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Too bright, I dont see a dam thing.

Looks good man. A separate standalone relay/ fuse panel is one of the best things ever when it comes to adding electrical. Only thing is, you need to plan everything out in front first and go for it, then just terminate the wire ends as you add stuff down the road.

Reactions: maktruk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Too bright, I dont see a dam thing.

Looks good man. A separate standalone relay/ fuse panel is one of the best things ever when it comes to adding electrical. Only thing is, you need to plan everything out in front first and go for it, then just terminate the wire ends as you add stuff down the road.
Ya everytime I wire something up I cringe at the thought of gutting it out later down the line, knowing I want a kit. But then I look at relay kits and $$$, and knowing I want that sucker wired NOW, and having a box (literally) full of 30 amp relays...

The one thing that would sell me is to find one that has a flip down panel, and fits below the X/Fronty steering wheel. That would get me to gut it all!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Awesome! Let us know how it performs!

M
The Reward mine was the inspiration behind completing this project.

Seeing that photo, without having had my LED's fully operational at the time, put a small tear in my eye and a hiccup in my chest.

I'm feeling much better now...

Reactions: Steve

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Oh, and did an oil change. Stuff was black as midnight in a mineshaft...but getting it set up has never, ever been easier...

Wasn't too happy to see this on the first lift. I always take a half a minute to get over that first scratch on all my tools.

Reactions: murps