Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Poor gator...

How did it taste though?
It was smoked and the pieces that I had were kind of fatty so it reminded me of greasy pork BBQ. Was all right, certainly nothing off-putting about it. I'd eat it again and I identify as a vegan.

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Better than Spam! Don't hate me cause it's true. Haven't eaten any in quite a while but I remember gator tail as somewhere between chicken and pork chop but tougher.
Don't harsh on the spam man! Have a couple of cans right here next to me in the food box I'm prepping for next weekend's adventures ;) As long as I drink a gallon of water per can I should not perish from a sodium overdose. Hahaha.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
During Covid, I actually ordered the World Pack from Amazon and we tried all the flavors as a family. Definitely some hidden gems with some of the flavors!

Teriyaki, Chorizo, and Turkey (of all things) were my favorites.
View attachment 236345
Going to have to try that so-called "world pack" - thanks for pointing it out! Don't see it on Amazon :( Have a link?
I am not a huge sodium fan and have been enjoying the 25% less sodium spam lately; the "spam lite" is a little too lite for for my liking.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm

luchaDor

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

During Covid, I actually ordered the World Pack from Amazon and we tried all the flavors as a family. Definitely some hidden gems with some of the flavors!

Teriyaki, Chorizo, and Turkey (of all things) were my favorites.
View attachment 236345
Going to have to try that so-called "world pack" - thanks for pointing it out! Don't see it on Amazon :( Have a link?
I am not a huge sodium fan and have been enjoying the 25% less sodium spam lately; the "spam lite" is a little too lite for for my liking.
I haven’t seen it since the pandemic started. Churizo Spam is in your local Mexican grocery usually. Spam Museum used to have them all too, but even they’ve taken off some flavors. Portugese Sausage was good too, but haven’t seen that online either.

It’ll come back give it time.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
So it's come down to this.......
I saw that... At $4.27 a can at my local grocery I guess Spam is not in the "super cheap eats" domain any longer. Wife was silly enough to leave me alone at home while she visited her family and I started making burrito mix with spam. One can of spam diced and warmed/smoked on the Traeger, added to one cup of cooked rice and a diced tomato. Yummmm!

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

So it's come down to this.......
I saw that... At $4.27 a can at my local grocery I guess Spam is not in the "super cheap eats" domain any longer. Wife was silly enough to leave me alone at home while she visited her family and I started making burrito mix with spam. One can of spam diced and warmed/smoked on the Traeger, added to one cup of cooked rice and a diced tomato. Yummmm!
What!!?!?!?!!! That’s insane!!! For SPAM???? Brah, it’s almost delicacy status!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ubiety and 9Mike2