louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
doing a cargo trailer conversion and once again...amazon delivers!
the wife was going to order a nature themed fabric with trees and mushrooms on it...wait until she sees this! :sunglasses:

IMG_2340 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I saw a listing on ebay at $100/can.

For that kind of money I want a beef Wellington.
And that's what I'm talking about. I have no problems whatsoever with a person making a profit, but 3, 4 or more times the actual product cost... they give free enterprise a black eye IMHO. And those friggin' idiots who pay those prices... well, at the saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

As some of you might know, by the grace of armyRN, I received quite a big care package all the way to Europe will all kinds of SPAM, after a bitched about the fact in the few places I could find it had an outrageous price. - like 4 times more expensive than in US.
So, after a few months, I can report about its use.
Basically I am not allowed to touch it anymore, my wife let me open a couple of cans while on my summer trip in Spain-Portugal that used for breakfast. After that she hid the rest somewhere in the pantry and she is using them for her meatballs recipe.
I am sure each of you has their own specific thing, but the trick is like this :

You can replace whatever meat you are using with up to 1/3 SPAM if you feel adventurous, you just have to chop it very fine and mix it with what ever meat you are using. It gives it a very special taste and texture . Me - I love meatballs with SPAM.
Before we got this care package from armyRN , we used some kind of canned corned beef available in the supermarkets here. They are not bad even using that, but SPAM brings it to another level.
Just had some recently. mmmmmm
Still got some cans .
Thank you again armyRN
L.E. Don't forgot that SPAM is pretty salty, so if you add SPAM you should adjust the amount of salt accordingly.

Last edited:

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I just tried a new to me flavor of SPAM, the Tocino flavor and it is awesome. It seems to have some very spotty availability so I bought a few. It is a Filipino flavor and has a touch of sweetness to it. Super good and currently available at the SPAM gift shop, I have never seen it in the wild. Beware though that the shipping is not a freebie.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I just tried a new to me flavor of SPAM, the Tocino flavor and it is awesome. It seems to have some very spotty availability so I bought a few. It is a Filipino flavor and has a touch of sweetness to it. Super good and currently available at the SPAM gift shop, I have never seen it in the wild. Beware though that the shipping is not a freebie.

at one time the big walmart down here had all the flavors (pre-covid mess) and i bought the tocino along with the terriyaki and even a bacon spam. i do good now to just see the jalapeno spam along with the regular. the tocino and terriyaki were pretty good. i liked that i could be out boondocking and all i had to do was pop a can and have different flavors without having to season up a can of regular.

what did you do with the tocino flavor? used it in a rice dish?

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

at one time the big walmart down here had all the flavors (pre-covid mess) and i bought the tocino along with the terriyaki and even a bacon spam. i do good now to just see the jalapeno spam along with the regular. the tocino and terriyaki were pretty good. i liked that i could be out boondocking and all i had to do was pop a can and have different flavors without having to season up a can of regular.

So far all of the flavors are available in my area except for the tocino and terriyak.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

This go around we had planned to do a stir fry type of thing with cabbage and eggs but, sadly, our cabbage was no bueno so we ended up just frying it and eating solo. Ultimately we are going to give it a go in a stir fry and a menudo both with some rice. The one flavor that seems to be totally AWOL is the Portuguese Sausage which I am hoping to give a go one day but even the Museum said that they had not seen it since the pandemic hit.

If you are not familiar with the SPAM museum gift shop and want to give some different flavors a try here is the link-again no free shipping so definitely better to find locally-

Last edited:

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #