Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

damn! $10 a can is brutal...thats worse than prison commissary rates

View attachment 225776
==============================================================================================================
I once worked with a guy who acted like this when eating. Seriously, he was the type who behaved like a 'MAD DOG; when eating. Acted like people wanted to steal his food........RRRRRRRRRR..........RRRRRRRRR!................very discerning.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I am rich ... :) :) :) !!!!!
Someone on the forum saw my post about lack of Spam on continental Europe and the insane pricing and he prepared a nice package for me, he even included a slicer :)

Thank you . Crazy world this is.. :)
very nice! @armyRN definitely got you the hook up!
let us know which ones you like best and any good recipies you have for it. curious to see how you would prepare it over there

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

very nice! @armyRN definitely got you the hook up!
let us know which ones you like best and any good recipies you have for it. curious to see how you would prepare it over there
My wife went crazy when she came from work like 1 h ago. "How did you get this ? Really ... :) .. ". She loves this stuff. When we lived in Belgium we had a small shop nearby that had some kind of corned beef cans that she used from time to time to add to her receipies.
She practically seized 3 of the cans - she wants to try some stuff. One can will go to my desk as centerpiece, since I work in IT :) . The others I will keep in the car for the next camping trips.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
My wife went crazy when she came from work like 1 h ago. "How did you get this ? Really ... :) .. ". She loves this stuff. When we lived in Belgium we had a small shop nearby that had some kind of corned beef cans that she used from time to time to add to her receipies.
She practically seized 3 of the cans - she wants to try some stuff. One can will go to my desk as centerpiece, since I work in IT :) . The others I will keep in the car for the next camping trips.
Enjoy. Let us know how you cook them up, and how you like it.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
The "Lower" sodium Spam is still excellent. Since I try to eat a low-salt diet, the lower sodium one is still plenty "salty". Try a can and see if you notice it.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
The "Lower" sodium Spam is still excellent. Since I try to eat a low-salt diet, the lower sodium one is still plenty "salty". Try a can and see if you notice it.
I will for sure try it, I won't buy a Costco case yet!

Reactions: 9Mike2

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Fried spam Seimen! Easy and cheap, just dice and fry up some spam, boil ramen noodles and mix them together dry add some of the ramen packet for flavor and voilà, a taste quick meal! I like to add bak choy, and a dash of soy sauce!
that is genius. but i also see in your profile that your Navy, so it kinda makes sense :grinning:

4_Runnin

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Fallon, NV, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Petrey
Service Branch
US Navy
Fried spam Seimen! Easy and cheap, just dice and fry up some spam, boil ramen noodles and mix them together dry add some of the ramen packet for flavor and voilà, a taste quick meal! I like to add bak choy, and a dash of soy sauce!
that is genius. but i also see in your profile that your Navy, so it kinda makes sense :grinning:
Yeah my wife is Hawaiian and she showed me this. I love it, nice Comfort food. Lol

• Love
Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Yeah my wife is Hawaiian and she showed me this. I love it, nice Comfort food. Lol
Now that sounds like a real camp cooking winner!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’ve been doing similar for many years. Always a good way to bump up siemen into a tasty filling meal.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i was stationed at the sub base at pearl harbor in 1990 and ate a lot of Spam and rice at the ship yard...even McDonalds had Spam, rice and egg on the breakfast menu there.
very cool! or as they say there...No Ka'Oi :grinning:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
just found this recipe. the wife is full cajun, so shes offended by this. makes it taste even better! :grinning:

Last edited: