Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
For breakfast this AM, I had a scrambled egg burrito with jalapenos, green onions, mushrooms, SPAM chunks, Mexican cheese and to moisten the eggs, I mixed a "bit" of Bailey's Irish Cream in. It was a C.O.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Camping food has no calories. It’s a known fact!
Dad said something like that but you had to eat standing up? think that was becasue we only had one camp chair at the time and he was always in it next to the odd green Coleman Cooler with the metal clamp that seemed to hold ice for four or five days back in the '70s.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Dad said something like that but you has to eat standing up? think that was becasue we only had one camp chair at the time and he was always in it next to the odd green Coleman Cooler with the metal clamp that seemed to hold ice for four or five days back in the '70s.
I learned that when backpacking. And sitting on the ground.

T

triaxrob

I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
I remember growing up my Mom would cut it into cube and put it in vegetable soup, Still do this to this day on occasion, definitely a multi use food

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

You guys made me want to try it. I live on continental Europe , so Spam is not so easy to find, never seen it in the supermarkets. So I go on Amazon and it is 9.50 euro for a can, almost 12 US $/ can . I can get some nice shrimp for this kind of money :)
Anyway, one of the reviews was really great and I quote :
"
Great gift!
Reviewed in Germany on 27 June 2021
Verified Purchase
My system administrator has it at the desk and everyone is laughing!
"

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
You guys made me want to try it. I live on continental Europe , so Spam is not so easy to find, never seen it in the supermarkets. So I go on Amazon and it is 9.50 euro for a can, almost 12 US $/ can . I can get some nice shrimp for this kind of money :)
Anyway, one of the reviews was really great and I quote :
"
Great gift!
Reviewed in Germany on 27 June 2021
Verified Purchase
My system administrator has it at the desk and everyone is laughing!
"
Give us your mailing address (or PM me with your mailing address) and I'll see if I can't mail you a small assortment of cans of Spam.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and leeloo

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Ok... so I just mailed leeloo 10 cans of spam, and a spam slicer. He lives in Luxembourg. The picture only shows 9 cans, but the box I used would hold 10, so I tossed in another one (either a low sodium or lite one... I forget).

In case you're wondering, to mail the package it cost $87 from WA to Luxembourg by USPS (which was way cheaper than UPS). He gave me his address, and I showed him how I would put his address on the label, and he said it was correct. So it should get there in about two weeks.

leeloo... here's what I want you to do. Let's have fun with this.

1. Send us a picture of the contents when you get them.

2. Over the course of the next few weeks or months (don't do it all at once), every time you try a new can, I want you to tell us/show us how you prepared it, and how you liked it. You won't hurt our feelings if you don't care for a certain flavor - some of those wouldn't be my first choice either. Be honest.

3. Start out with the regular can of spam, and use that as a baseline for comparing to the rest of them.

Enjoy!

Spam picture.1.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I want to try the Portagiese sauage
i had been getting the terriyaki flavored SPAM up until a year or so ago. its also really good if you can find it
on trips i'd fry some up and add it to instant rice with some canned crushed pineapple and that was pretty tasty
i wonder if flavors are regional, or if SPAM has just quit making certain flavors..i've seen the portuguese sausage one a long time ago, but not around here

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Shahn and 9Mike2

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

damn! $10 a can is brutal...thats worse than prison commissary rates

prison-food.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shahn and 9Mike2

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
i had been getting the terriyaki flavored SPAM up until a year or so ago. its also really good if you can find it
on trips i'd fry some up and add it to instant rice with some canned crushed pineapple and that was pretty tasty
i wonder if flavors are regional, or if SPAM has just quit making certain flavors..i've seen the portuguese sausage one a long time ago, but not around here
99 Ranch at Lamar and AirPort