louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Grub, you always know where to find the good eatun's. Bring um onnnnnnnnnn !
Ha! Yeah, I've always been able to make a meal out of anything...even working overseas on ships and rigs, I always took the time to make friends with the galley crew and learn some tricks from them, so no matter where I am or what is available, I can generally make a decent meal out of it. Even in the Navy, sub food was horrible, so when we were in port, I learned to cook casseroles in a coffee pot since "cooking" wasn't allowed in the barracks. That skill is perfect for camping now. :grin:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ha! Yeah, I've always been able to make a meal out of anything...even working overseas on ships and rigs, I always took the time to make friends with the galley crew and learn some tricks from them, so no matter where I am or what is available, I can generally make a decent meal out of it. Even in the Navy, sub food was horrible, so when we were in port, I learned to cook casseroles in a coffee pot since "cooking" wasn't allowed in the barracks. That skill is perfect for camping now. :grin:
Very sneaky but smart !

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
The single serve spams and canned food is my go to on the road food. I can put a can of Campbells Chunky under the hood (or put a spam pack on the intake manifold) and have a hot meal when I stop for the day or for lunch.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The single serve spams and canned food is my go to on the road food. I can put a can of Campbells Chunky under the hood (or put a spam pack on the intake manifold) and have a hot meal when I stop for the day or for lunch.
I bet the smell coming off the manifold makes you stop a little sooner too ! :-)

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
now that its getting cold out.....

View attachment 127487
For now, I'm doing a Emoji 'SAD'...........just not sure about Ramen and SPAM. Going to have to think about that combo. I imagine a little Tabasco would help :tongueout:. I like Ramen, with Spicy, chicken, pork flavors etc. I have done a egg drop Ramen soup with scallions and some added veggies.

On another note:

I will give a thumbs up for the camp prep pic with the GI canteen cup. They are so versatile in their application. Have a couple in my packed away hunting gear.